Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
At Ting Internet, our mission is to strengthen connections with customers, businesses, and communities as well as champion their growth by being the most reliable and customer-centric ISP. We believe that we > me and deeply care about the people we build for and work with.
Join an internationally recognized and hardworking design team of 20 and help build outstanding customer experiences through engaging content and conversational UX writing. Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, Researchers, and Engineers to craft cohesive product narratives and empower customer decisions. As our first UX Writer, you will also be instrumental in establishing the UX Writing practice from the ground up!
- Help users accomplish their tasks by writing clear and concise in-product UX copy for our websites, flows, account control tools, and apps.
- Craft functional interfaces while protecting the integrity of our brand.
- Understand audiences across multiple markets and translate research insights into friendly content that's tailored to their needs.
- Champion for inclusive and accessible writing.
- Proactively audit and improve UX copy.
- Help us craft intuitive experiences that put people in control.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, and Designers to ship modern products that people love.
- Mentor others and engage in regular knowledge sharing to demonstrate the impact of UX writing.
- 3+ years of experience writing for digital software products
- A Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications, or a related field
- A portfolio and/or website featuring your best work
- Experience with launching successful products for mobile native and web
- An excellent storyteller with a keen interest in user experience design and technology
- An advocate for accessibility, diversity, and inclusive design
- Proficient with Figma (of course)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
If this sounds like you, get in touch! We'd love to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.