Senior Digital Product Designer
Kolonial.no is the leading online grocery retailer in Norway, but we are first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, working with fascinating and complex challenges to build the world’s most effective retail system, to give our customers more space for life. Few (if any) have truly cracked the code for online grocery logistics — but we’re getting close, and at high speed. Want to join us?
At Kolonial.no user insight drives decisions in all areas of the organisation. We are not a design community, we are a design-oriented organisation. This lets us use our subject matter expertise to its fullest.
Call it UX/UI, product design, or digital design (as we do), your role is to be a fully-fledged UX designer with a strong skillset on the “build the thing right” side of the double diamond. Digital designers at Kolonial work day-to day within a cross functional product team consisting of software engineers, other designers, product managers and data scientists. Teams are aligned around domains along the Kolonial.no customer journey, so you will get to go deep in your specific domain, and broad to align to our single end-to-end experience. Our teams are quite self-steered, deciding their own projects, and we follow our own way of working called Flow.
At the discipline level, we are 20 design colleagues who contribute to a supportive team culture and setting a high standard for UX design quality at Kolonial.no. We maintain two world class design systems, which are holistic, consistent, living and beautiful - both towards our end users and for all internal tools & systems. We also ensure coherent designs and development of our design language in accordance with our brand; through tone of voice, interaction and motion/animation.
In our cross functional teams our designers make sure the team has great insight into, and empathises with user needs and problems through user studies and tests. UX decisions are guided through use of Kolonial.no’s design principles and best practice and we justify and anchor design changes with data. Our designers are the UX voice when we set strategy, focus and goals. We create UIs ready for development and iterate with developers on implementation details through an agile development process. This process allows us to visualise multiple solutions quickly through sketching and prototyping, testing on users, collecting & analysing feedback and iterating before we build / code.
We are looking for new team members who would enjoy, contribute to and develop our way of working. We think this person looks a bit like this:
- You are passionate about developing new & great user experiences in a complex system
- You make sure the team has great insight into, and empathises with, user needs and problems through user studies and tests
- You develop yourself and learn new things - that you actively share with those around you
- You enjoy problem-discovery as much as solution-making
- You are pragmatic when needed, and value progress over perfection
- Enjoy going deep into details, can think and understand in systems, and form alignment in the team
- You actively seek out and use feedback from team members, including non-designers
In order to thrive at Kolonial.no we think it’s beneficial that you have some of the following:
- 5-10 years of experience within UX, interaction, UX/UI, product and visual design, with heavy focus on digital solutions that meet real user needs.
- Experience in all parts of a design process from user research, concepting, prototyping, testing and delivering production-ready UI and visual designs
- Experience shipping real digital products
- Experience in using Figma
- Norwegian and English written and verbal fluency.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, side by side with software developers
- Experience with designing for mobile, understanding guidelines and patterns for iOS and Android.
- Bonus: experience with HTML and CSS, or other special skills you can add to the team
Why should you join us?
- We are a enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- We get to solve a huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges and get hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience.
- We have the autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- Be a part of a rapidly scaling consumer tech company with very ambitious growth plans
- We are a transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop
- We have good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement. How this could look for you will be discussed during the process.
- We have hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities. (And we will again as soon as it’s safe!)
- A culture that works hard to maintain psychological safety and thriving teams and healthy work habits
- Our offices offer quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- We have the possibility of buying stocks to take part in the success story of Kolonial.no
When applying, please attach an Online or PDF portfolio in addition to your CV. This helps us to get an impression of your experience in creating high quality and production-ready UI and visual designs and your design process.
Take a look inside UX-design at Kolonial.no
Silje Kandal, designer of the week at UX Norway (Norwegian)
The jury highlights our strong customer focus and design leadership.
As a part of Kolonial.no you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow's shopping experience. Come build the future with us!