Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers’ knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
At Tamr we believe that clean, up-to-date data is the sine qua non of informed decisions. We assert that the best way to create accurate data is with human guided machine learning that improves over time. We believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines. We are building the core set of tools to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data to produce clean, up-to-date data that fuels better decisions and delivers transformational business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced User Experience Design Manager for our Cambridge, MA office. You will be responsible for building an UX and Design team and managing them. In addition, you’ll be working alongside other groups that support our mission.
We want a passionate, empathic leader who has hired, led and mentored a design team and brings a track record of delivering positive outcomes. You will bring the best ideas of usability and design to Tamr’s cloud-based enterprise software solution.
Daily responsibilities include supporting continuous deliveries, mentoring staff, and solving complex problems while innovating by partnering with engineering and product leadership.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction
- Shepherd compelling user experiences throughout the entire product lifecycle from start to finish, while leveraging Design standards
- Promote design thinking across the organization
- Grow, nurture, and promote our design system
- Hire, grow, and inspire the designers to produce high-quality work
- Commit to learning and teaching professional and technical knowledge to team
- Lead design thinking workshops
- Work across departments to understand product potential and limitations
- Lead holistic thinking across platforms and devices
- Bring and share your passion for stunning visual design
- 10+ years of designing and 2+ years of managing teams and working in a Product, Engineering, and Design environment
- Subject-matter expert on web design guidelines and best practices
- Ability to work and influence across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to deliver results
- Inspirational and precision-level communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Figma, Miro, and a willingness to try new tools
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-led, human-centered design process and business success
- Agile or SAFe experience
- Understanding of machine learning and/or artificial intelligence solutions
- Understanding of data operations and/or analytical solutions
- College degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience. Master’s degree is preferred.