UI/UX Design Intern
G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About The Role
As a member of G2’s Summer Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to join an exciting team, complete a variety of projects, and participate in professional development events. You’ll work closely with an Intern Mentor who will support you throughout the Program. As a member of design team you’ll have 3 main projects:
- UX RESEARCH: You’ll work closely with other designers to do continuous discovery. Continuous discovery is a collaborative process in which UX designers facilitate user interviews continuously to uncover opportunities to improve our interface. It also involves working with designers and engineers to map, prioritize, and ideate on those opportunities, as well as provide recommendations.
- PORTFOLIO PIECE: Working on a design project from start to finish. You’ll gather and analyze user data, create low and high fidelity wireframes, do usability testing, and use other UX methodologies to meet project goals.
- DESIGN OPS: Work with designers to improve the operation of our team, including UX documentation, processes, design system maintenance, brainstorming sessions, and more.
This internship is remote (US only), and will be held from June to August. Interns will work 40 hours per week.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our global team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree related to UX Design, UX Research, Human-Centered Design, Anthropology, Sociology, or a comparable field
- A rising Senior at an accredited college or university
- Experience with user research theory and methods
- Ability to create interactive prototypes based on existing user journeys
- Familiar with current interaction design concepts, and good understanding of design systems
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar software
- An inquisitive mind
- A passion for every component of the user experience
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent organization skills (email, task management, follow-up)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and independently, delivering on assigned tasks and responsibilities.
About the Design Team
The design team at G2 is committed to providing our users and customers with intuitive experiences. We strive to design, test, and iterate on our products, as well as discover new opportunities to improve our platform. On our design team you will work with UI/UX professionals as well as business owners to drive strategy and direction to deliver a marketplace vision. Additionally, you will work with product managers, marketers, and engineers to drive the planning, testing and delivery of new features, executing on the product roadmap.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.