The Product team is responsible for ensuring that the company’s products are as competitive and profitable as possible. The Product Manager, UI plays a crucial role by guiding the efforts of our technology teams to improve our UI applications.
The Product team is a business and technology organization responsible for driving the vision and direction of the company’s products and features. We meet with upper management to shape the roadmap of planned future changes to our products, create clearly-defined requirements documents that describe what those changes are, and work closely with our technology teams to ensure those changes are implemented correctly. The Product team interfaces with every department within the company, as well as with our customers.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
- Identify key opportunities for improvement in our UI and mobile applications and determine the order in which we should implement them.
- Ensure that the technology team successfully implements these improvements.
- Coordinate with all other departments to ensure that changes to our applications are understood and being marketed correctly.
Essential Position Duties:
Identify key opportunities for improvement in our UI and mobile applications and determine the order in which we should implement them.
- Create detailed functional requirements describing improvements to our UI applications – including step-by-step workflows, mock-ups/prototypes, and API integration requirements – which require little editing/revision.
- Review and edit specifications being written by Associate Product Managers that pertain to a product being managed by the Product Manager.
- Collect and review customer feedback and feature usage metrics to measure the success of recently launched features and determine what future improvements we should be making.
- Conduct monthly or quarterly meetings with senior management and other product stakeholders to determine the rankings of potential major feature improvements to our UI applications.
Ensure that the technology team successfully implements these improvements.
- Manage both the sprint-to-sprint backlogs and high-level feature roadmaps for one or more products and development teams to ensure that all work is appropriately prioritized.
- Host ‘kick-off’ meetings to introduce new specifications to the technology teams that will be implementing them.
- Routinely answer questions that arise during the course of development and testing.
- Drive a high level of throughput from our technology teams, which requires identifying problem areas/process issues affecting other teams and working with those teams or their managers to correct them.
Coordinate with all other departments to ensure that changes to our applications are understood and being marketed correctly.
- Coordinate with the Product Marketing Manager and Marketing department to develop customer-facing educational content and messaging in support of new features.
- Gather feedback from other departments to ensure that all specifications best meet the needs of the company.
- Conduct internal training to inform all departments within the company of important new features.
Additional Job Duties: – The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time.
- Walk short distances.
- Stand for short periods.
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience working in Product Management in a related field, or
- Three (3) years of experience working in Product Management in an unrelated field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a technical setting.
- Experience launching and managing iOS and Android mobile apps.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas.
- Keen eye for UI/UX design.
- Passionate about building better products.
- Prior experience in writing functional/product specifications is a plus.
- Software development experience is not required, but is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend basic API documentation at a rudimentary working level.
- Must possess basic computer skills and be capable of quickly learning to use new software applications.
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: JIRA, Confluence, Splunk, basic raster image editing software.
- Can type at least 35 WPM.
- 10% or less; generally once or twice per year.
- May be required to travel by plane to visit our subsidiaries or potential new partners, or to attend industry tradeshows.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled