Lead UX Researcher
VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit "Unicorn" status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out
How Does This Role Help VTS Succeed?
The Lead UX Researcher role at VTS comes with a high degree of responsibility, ownership, and acclaim.
Working in our London office, and leveraging the network of our Sales and Account Management staff there, you will research how to attune our Leasing, Marketing, and Data products for the UK market.
You will distill complex problems into insights that inform our platform design, and influence customer and business strategy, consulting closely with Design, Product Management, and Data Science in NYC to deliver against them.
You must be quick to learn the CRE domain, collaborate well in cross-functional settings, and communicate inspirationally.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Quickly ramp on the substantial CRE domain, with a particular focus on the UK industry.
- Promote research methodologies and lead qualitative and quantitative exercises that provide you with deep empathy for our UK customers’ motivations, goals, and larger systems in which they operate.
- Develop strategic and tactical insights, and synthesize them to identify customer personas and use cases that highlight business value and inform design.
- Partner closely with Product Management, Design, and Engineering to deliver solutions, all within a culture of teamwork, partnership and respect.
- Proactively pitch ideas, and exhibit substantive written and verbal communication skills.
- Contribute to organization-level strategies and objectives, and operationalize them.
- Be a research leader, coaching the Design team on best research practices, with future opportunities to build your own UX Research team.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Have a degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or a related field.
- Have 10+ years’ experience as a UX Researcher in web and mobile applications at an enterprise software company, with bonus points for prior (Commercial) Real Estate experience.
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, research methodologies, and usability principles.
- Have the ability to autonomously plan and execute strategic and tactical research engagements, and a proven track record influencing product execution via actionable insights.
- Have clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and ability to rationalize design decisions with Design and non-Design stakeholders alike.
- Are a leader and a team player, with a strong desire to lead a growing organization of fellow UX Researchers, Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Bryant Park)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
As an equal opportunity employer, we pride ourselves on hiring the brightest, most driven individuals for the roles they feel inspired to pursue. We’re committed to growing a diverse team of talent who bring many different skill sets and points of view to the table.