Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
We are strategic thinkers and problem solvers who are always searching for ways to enhance the experience of using Rent the Runway. Not only will you work collaboratively with the other designers, but also Product Managers, Product Marketers, UX Writers, Engineers, and other key stakeholders will be your strategic partners.
About the Job
As an Interaction Designer you will own the end-to-end UI design process including conducting user research, facilitating design-thinking activities with team members, designing the full UI / UX across multiple platforms (web and mobile), and working with engineering to implement and QA our designs.
What You'll Do
- Run meetings and design reviews. Bring together key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes.
- Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected deliverables.
- Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and an ambitious schedule.
- Ensure timely handoff of design specifications to engineering groups.
- Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation.
- Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.
- You have 3+ years as an interaction designer or producer in software design or an interactive agency
- You have experience in consumer software development and product lifecycle
- You have successful experience in supporting multiple concurrent projects, across the various products
- You have an excellent online portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices
- You have a thorough understanding of integrating design, business, marketing, engineering and stakeholder teams to clarify project requirements, define design goals and strategy, execution, and delivery processes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication with a meticulous attention to detail
- You have experience working with Figma, Principle or other prototyping tools
- You have experience building and maintaining design systems
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.