User Experience Researcher
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and moderated and unmoderated approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights
- Work with Product Managers and Product Designer to identify decision points that may benefit from testing, and define timeline, scope, and methodology for potential testing
- Source participants for user research and testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing
- Conduct user testing on flat-designs, prototypes, beta, and finished products and features. Consolidate, quantify, and report on the results of any user testing, interviewing, etc. in a concise way to clearly communicate recommendations on product and feature direction
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects
- Regularly conduct user research and testing to identify pain points and ensure that the current experience is constantly improving
- Evolve Tonal’s existing user-experience research infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on
Who You Are
- 3+ years of relevant work experience testing software products
- You have a track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that influence product roadmap
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Self-driven and take initiative to identify research needs and solve problems
- You clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings
- You work well with cross-functional teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.