Senior Product Designer
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We're seeking a driven Senior Product Designer to join Marqeta's rapidly growing product design team. The product design team works across a multitude of product areas creating and building a variety of complex and exciting solutions for the payments industry. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions within our platform.
- Producing high quality, pixel-perfect work, and going the extra mile to deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences
- Design systems thinking and building with a strong design rationale coupled with the point of view from the customer’s perspective
- Communication skills that translate from peer reviews to boardroom presentations
- A strong ability to collaborate with engineering, product managers, and key stakeholders on all aspects of product strategy, design, and development
- Strong desire to contribute to a design culture where feedback from peers, leads, customers, and internal users sits at the core of everything we do
- Continually pushing our limits and searching for opportunities to become better
- The visual design proficiency to wow us with pixel perfection and continuously seek new inspiration
- The desire to delight the user and deliver world-class experiences to our customers and colleagues
- A diverse portfolio with engaging and thoughtful examples of product and user experience
- Expertise in either UI, UX, or visual design, with experience in each area and a desire to grow your skill set
- Comfortable with ambiguity and doing the research needed to understand the customer in order to create a compelling product for them
- Effective communication and presentation skills in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders
- The ability to advocate for and be an active representative of the design discipline
- Strong internal motivation to actively and independently seek ways to improve the product experience and grow your skillset as a Product Designer
- Have 5 or more years of relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company, or design agency
- Confident working with remote and distributed teams
Bonus points for
- Enterprise design experience
- Financial design experience
You should include
- A link to your online portfolio (password if applicable)
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.