Department of Customer Service
Join our World Class Designer Team here at Service NSW
Are you a Product Designer who is passionate about innovative digital experiences?
Be a part of highly creative and agile team that offers start-up vibes at enterprise scale, delivering innovative digital experiences
- We have multiple Temporary and Permanent positions
- Offering flexible remote working arrangements
- Leverage your product design skills and contribute to make a difference to the citizens of NSW.
SNSW 7/8 Starting salary from $90,661 per annum plus superannuation and leave loading – Click HERE to view the role description
About our Digital Designer Teams:
- You’ll be part of a truly agile, human-centred product development team, who values your happiness, growth and personal development.
- We are a cross-functional software development team who owns the end-to-end product design lifecycle, from strategic planning and research, through to development and delivery.
- We keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We get to know our customers through multiple research channels, so that we can tell their stories faithfully.
- We always use customer feedback to frame and hypothesise our design problems, and to ideate and validate possible solutions.
- We are committed to iterative delivery using the build, measure, learn paradigm, and pride ourselves on being responsive to customers’ needs, consistently delivering value to the people of NSW.
- We collaborate closely with other teams to design and build the right solutions, applying lean problem-solving to deliver value within a complex ecosystem.
To hear from some of our talented Designers and their experience working with Service NSW click here
Are you the type of Digital Designer who is…
- Customer-oriented and proud.You are motivated by, and take ownership of, delivering valuable outcomes to the people who use your product.
- Bona fide design thinker.You are an empathetic listener and powerful storyteller, and you understand the value of ideation, iteration and experimentation.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.You encourage diversity of thought, thrive in a team environment, and do your best work collaborating with others. You’re a natural facilitator who guides discussions into outcomes.
- Strong design execution skills.Experience designing mobile apps or digital products will give you a headstart, but your openness to upskilling and cross-skilling is what will get you across the line. We know designers have a broad toolkit of skills -- we want to see your best ones showcased in your portfolio.
- Continuous improvement forever!You are a lifelong learner, always driven to improve processes and outcomes. You value close feedback loops, and the concepts of iteration and incremental improvement.
About Service NSW
At Service NSW we deeply value our customers and our teammates. We are an inclusive, diverse, caring and respectful team and a place where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
People with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply and we welcome a discussion regarding workplace adjustments to help maximise everyone's opportunity to fully participate and contribute.
We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Elders past, present and emerging and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land, waters, culture and community we walk, work and live.
Please attach a copy of your latest Resume and Portfolio, and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience for the role
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis - we encourage you to apply ASAP so you don’t miss out on this Exciting opportunity within our Design Teams at Service NSW
For enquires relating to recruitment please contact Maylee Ching on Maylee.Ching @customerservice.nsw.gov.au
Thank you for your interest for the Product Designer recruitment campaign at Service NSW!