Junior UI Designer
For this role, we are looking for a Junior UI Designer with a passion for digital product design and strength in visual design. Our ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, self-managed, and wants to grow their career in software design focused on UI and design systems.
What You'll Do
You’ll work directly with our UI Design Lead across multiple cross-functional teams, collaborating with UX designers, PMs, and developers to ensure CallRail is intuitive, attractive, consistent, and cohesive. Together, we’ll work on projects ranging from customer onboarding, in-app messaging, brand expression, color themes, accessibility, data visualization, core app functionality, and design system maintenance. We’ll also work together to push the design system forward and answer the question of “what might the future of CallRail’s UI look like?”. You’ll also occasionally collaborate with brand designers from our Marketing team to adapt ‘brand expression’ graphics and illustrations to fit in-app UI needs (think up-sells, onboarding, etc.).
Here are some things all our UI Designers do at CallRail:
- Work one-on-one with UX designers to come up with creative solutions to complex problems
- Design and document interfaces and interaction patterns for new and existing features
- Collaborate with Marketing designers to inject brand visuals into the product
- Look out for opportunities to make our apps more intuitive and easy to use
- Collaborate with the design team to promote and expand design culture at CallRail
- Contribute to maintaining and updating our design system’s pattern library in Figma
- Work closely with developers to implement new interaction patterns and ensure design standards
- Advocate for the product, constantly seeking to better understand our users’ needs and ideating solutions to serve them
- Advocate for our design system, including design standards, resources needed, pattern consolidation for efficiency and usability, and more
- Perform occasional UI research to make improvements to our UI design patterns
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ year professional experience as a UX designer or UI designer
- Experience designing for SaaS (must be evident in portfolio)
- Portfolio showing strong visual design skills (elements & principles of design)
- 1+ years experience with software design tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team
- Must be able to clearly articulate and present design concepts to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in Figma
- Educational background in design
High-Value Bonus Points
While not required, the following examples will help you stand out from the crowd. If you have any of the following, please mention and share a link in your resume or cover letter.
- You have contributed to the Figma Community
- You have contributed to the broader design community with video (ex: YouTube or Twitch) or written articles (ex: Medium)
- You have experience with HTML/CSS/JS or you built your portfolio yourself
About the Design Team
At CallRail, the design team heavily values close collaboration, honest critique, mutual respect, and strong work ethic. Together, we have transformed and evolved the user experience within our products to support our customers as well as other internal teams. We are passionate about solving problems both externally and internally, investing in each other, and building out the best team possible.
Working Remote vs. Office
In The Before Times™, our team worked 3-5 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We enjoyed catered lunch once a week and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Mario Kart 8 races occurred frequently. And we often worked face-to-face in our ‘design studio’ room to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
Currently, we are fully remote, but plan to return to the office part-time when it’s safe to do so (and we feel comfortable). The UX design team will tentatively return on a limited basis (2-3 days/week) and continue to work from home the rest of the time as we are doing now. Because we built our design team’s culture around tight collaboration and getting to know one another, we are not currently hiring a fully remote position. So if you’re local to the Atlanta area and you think you’re a fit for this role, we would love to connect!
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).