UX Researcher & Designer
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere and every day. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people
We are looking for a talented UX Researcher & Designer to help design the future of digital shopping, online and in-store globally. You will be part of Zip’s New Markets team, whose mandate is to build the most delightful customer experiences in new regions across the world. We are excited to welcome new team members (aka Zipsters) who share our vision to be amazing.
As a UX Researcher & Designer, you will help shape Zip’s thinking with your empathy with users, creative and analytical thinking, and understanding of human behaviour and psychology. You will be part of cross functional teams, running user research activities, conceptualising problems and solutions to those backed by research insights.
- Understand, unpack and design for diverse regions of the world, actioning insights into localised designs for optimal product-market fit
- Conduct generative and evaluative research to support Zip’s global expansion
- Facilitate and report on moderated and unmoderated concept/usability testing
- Work with product management, engineering, brand and other departments to reach the best solutions
- Most importantly, think customer first
- 4+ years of user experience, usability, or research roles in digital product companies
- Experienced in running qualitative and mixed methods research, and discovery activities
- Proven track record in driving end-to-end aspects of the design research lifecycle (research planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and stakeholder presentations)
- Able to communicate clearly and explain your ideas to others, and turn insights into thoughtful narratives
- Confident at Figma prototyping
Bonus points for:
- Languages and localisation experience
- Experience working on financial, credit or BNPL products/services
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.