Principal Product Designer
Imagine an industry where people collaborate on a truly global scale, where people can be in Vietnam, and help solve a problem in South America. An industry that is vital for the well-being of billions of people, intertwined with companies from all over the world that produce and sell something across borders. Sounds like a complex endeavor? Well, this is where we come in.
Simplifying global trade (has been our) is Forto's mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable and sustainable logistics technologies that allow users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop-shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 450 technology and logistics experts at eight locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
Your role: Designing the future of global trade
We’re on a mission to simplify global trade. To achieve this goal, Forto’s design team creates excellent end-to-end experiences, covering the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. Together we push the boundaries of design quality in B2B to make our product experience feel simple, trustworthy and human.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and seasoned Principal Product Designer to set the bar for design excellence on a global scale.
- Work with leadership to create design vision and strategy across the organization.
- Work with designers across product areas and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as transforming Forto’s design system into a global design language, accommodating diverse user needs across continents.
- Deliver high-quality, user-centric, measurably impactful end-to-end design work.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, translating insights into design solutions.
- Act as customer journey expert and bring new ideas to the table that expand and innovate the capabilities of our products
- Help other designers grow and improve by serving as an example and being an active mentor to them.
- Embody and establish best practices for the design team.
- Set up and facilitate knowledge-sharing processes that promote collaboration.
What you bring
- The ideal candidate for this role can help lay the groundwork to set complex problem spaces up for success and provide exceptional hands-on execution as necessary.
- 10+ years experience with end-to-end product design (Product/Growth, B2B experience preferable)Experience setting up frameworks and brainstorming initial design concepts
- Experience designing and maintaining modern Design SystemsAbility to zoom out and see the whole ecosystem to provide solutions that better the entire customer journey, not only the feature
- Ability to rapidly ideate and iterate in a fluid startup environment
- Proven ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system
- Team player and facilitator who can collaborate easily with everyone from more junior designers to engineers to executives
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to be an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness of environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business, and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w.
At Forto, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.