Senior UX Designer
At SEP, we help companies build exceptional software products in a wide range of industries and technologies such as life science, medical, aerospace, fin-tech, automotive/heavy machinery, consumer/industrial IoT, precision ag, and many, many others. We partner with our clients to provide software product and design solutions in all areas of the product life cycle.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join SEP. As a Senior UX Designer at SEP, you will collaborate with cross-functional teammates to design and build software products. You will help shape design on product ownership teams, participate in discoveries and ideation of new client opportunities, and create new and innovative software interfaces and experiences.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work directly with product ownership teams and clients to build products as a trusted practitioner.
- Guide the team, clients, and end-users through the design process and applicable activities throughout the project life cycle.
- Own and develop detailed design solutions (design systems, wireframes, prototypes, etc.) through whatever visual means necessary.
- Present design concepts and articulate design decisions to team and client.
- Maintain the project momentum through rapid and timely design iterations, while pairing / problem solving with applicable teammates or clients.
- Participate in generative research and conduct evaluative research initiatives.
- Collaborate with other designers to give and receive thoughtful feedback on creative work.
- Coach cross-functional team members, other designers, and clients on UX methods and best practices utilizing constructive feedback.
- Help your team, client, and SEP constantly get better.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, UX, or other related field.
- Six (6) years of professional UX Design related job experience.
- A refined aesthetic, the ability to think conceptually, and excellent visual and product design skills.
- Proven experience creating high-fidelity designs in Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CS, etc.
- Must consider feasibility, limitations and practical use when designing products, and be willing to discuss ideas and implementation techniques with cross-functional teammates early and often in the process.
- Must have experience designing products for web, desktop, and mobile applications.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and flex into product thinking and facilitation.
- Ability to articulate your work, demonstrate compassion, and lift others up when they succeed.
- Ability to take lead and own one's own tasks from start to finish.
- Great team, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
What We Have To Offer
- Variety of projects in multiple domains/industries in various platforms.
- A community that aids professional development and encourages continued learning with friendly, talented, and effective peers.
- Extensive opportunities to learn and develop yourself.
- Gorgeous facilities adjacent to the Monon Trail and Carmel Arts & Design District.
- 100% employee owned (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules.
We love to think. And make. And push the boundaries of design, engineering, and software. This isn’t easy work, but it’s meaningful. Come join us and build software that matters more.
SEP is a software product design and development company located in Carmel, IN. We provide powerful teams of thoughtful, developers and designers to bring ideas to life. Founded in 1988, SEP is one of Indiana’s largest software development firms with 150+ employees. Our clients span from Fortune 100 to scale-up companies. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an ESOP and are consistently recognized for its great culture (Top Workplaces, Best Place to Work in Indiana, Techpoint Mira).
SEP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you require in order to express an interest in a specific opening by emailing: email@example.com or calling (317) 843-1640 x2053. Please state your reasonable accommodation request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within SEP will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number provided. Thank you for considering SEP for your next career opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, performance, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.