Senior UX Researcher
At Trustly, we are passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the role
As a Senior UX Researcher at Trustly, you will work closely with designers, researchers, product owners, developers and analysts, sharing data and insights from our users and customers - shaping the user experience of Trustly’s products. As a key member of the UX team you will work closely with other UX leaders to contribute to building a world class UX team and establish best UX practice. Inspire the organisation and our customer through developing unique Trustly user experience vision.
Some of your key responsibilities
- Hands-on user research activities: exploratory research (e.g. ethnographic, user interviews, desk research including competitor research, A/B testing), generative (e.g. concept testing, co-creation sessions, workshops) and summative (e.g. usability testing, analytics).
- Facilitate workshops and design thinking exercises to get stakeholders and collaborators engaged in insight development, problem definition & problem solving.
- Collaborate with designers to test and iterate throughout the product development process based on customer/user insights and support them in refining the designs.
- Collaborate with researchers to build our knowledge base with key insights in various markets.
- Define and validate design success criteria for each initiative you are working on.
- Gain expert knowledge about specific product domain and become the go-to person for data and insights within your area.
- Present key insights regularly to various stakeholders across the business.
- Work closely with UX team members, conceptualise and develop user journey mapping, user task flows, experience maps, and other artefacts that will help bring ideas to life.
- Collaboration with external agencies for research in different languages.
Who we believe you are
- You have a background as a researcher within digital product development and you are the go-to person for data and user insights within the teams you are working with.
- You are humble and open minded - constantly seeking opportunities to learn while not being shy about challenging conventions.
- You are a self-starter who can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan. You crave to be part of something great.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills- you need to engage with stakeholders at all levels and departments of the organisation.
- A great story teller- make complex data into a compelling and meaningful story that will bring alignment to the team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and proposed recommendations.
- You are passionate about learning more about the users’ behaviour, needs and pain points, serving both our end users and our customers.
- You have the ability to clearly communicate your thought process, research plans and recommendations with the team and stakeholders through effective visual and verbal presentations.
- You enjoy solving complex customer and business needs and reducing them to actionable recommendations at the same time you are curious about the world around us, latest technologies, best practices, and excited about being part of developing creative solutions.
Your experience and expertise
- Experience working with established design & research teams and contributing to internal process improvements.
- Experience developing B2B products and/or workflow management tools is required.
- Experience in working with international products that require unique local solutions in multiple languages on multiple platforms including desktop and mobile is good to have, but not a strong requirement.
- Experience doing user testing with rapid prototypes in various fidelity levels to quickly gain reliable user feedback.
- Avid practitioner of human centered design, Design Thinking and UX practices.
- Proficiency with current research tools like Lookback, usertesting, UserZoom or others.
- Proficiency in an extra European language is a plus.
- BA/BSc in behavioural sciences, computer science, psychology or engineering is good to have, but not a requirement.
We are building our UX team and as part of that, the UX Research team within it.
Come and join us!