Intermediate UX Designer
Apply for this job
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
The role will be part of the UX team, will tackle selected PointClickCare solutions to communicate the intended experience through artifacts such as storyboards, wireframes, workflows and design specification. This role will work closely with product managers and design researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate; and work closely with visual designers and front-end developers to ensure intended experiences are carried through.
Who you’ll work with:
You will report to our Director of User Experience and be deeply involved with the product and engineering teams. By building relationships with our users, you will holistically improve the usability of our platform in a way that is in touch with our users’ needs.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- This is a highly collaborative role, and you will work closely with designers, product managers, front-end developers and other solution team members to flesh out the task-flow and user experience design.
- On a regular basis, you will design and communicate the intended experience through artifacts such as storyboards, wireframes, workflows and design specification.
- You will be responsible for defending design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards; lobbying for and planning validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience.
- You will help to create and maintain our design standards, reference materials and visual signature guidelines.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- We are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven person, who has a true passion for their work and desire to make their projects succeed
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in design, human computer interaction or related field
- Demonstrated ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches on tight schedules
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an agile, start-up like environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of responsive design techniques for different form factors (desktop vs. mobile)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
- Demonstrated strong storytelling and presentation skills
- An understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web and mobile devices
- Intermediate experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers implementing designs
- Knowledge of key design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Balamiq, Figma, Sketch and Miro
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team based environment
- Possess portfolio of previous work must be presented that demonstrate an understanding of UX design
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.