Senior UI Designer
At MullenLowe, we believe great minds don’t think alike. They disagree, collide and wrestle it down in the name of making work that actually works. We celebrate those who swim outside their lanes and defy expectations to shape our clients’ brands and drive their business. And while our expertise and perspectives are varied, we’re united in our quest to use creativity to solve tomorrow’s problems in new ways.
We invite everyone who works with us or for us to join the fight for progress. We produce more than innovative work and business results. We generate ideas, conversations, and actions that strengthen lives and unite communities. And we’re committed to working with partners who want to drive that positive change together.
We are a challenger and transformation partner. We help our clients punch above their weight to give them an unfair advantage. And to deliver exceptional experiences to their customers. Our group brings together Strategy, Data Activation, Experience Design, and Products & Platforms to create what we call: Experience-Led Transformation.
We are looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our growing Experience Design team, reporting to the head of Experience Design in NYC.
As a Senior UI Designer, you can holistically look at a client’s business objectives and use design, interaction, and content to help shape their customer experience, or even create new business products. You are comfortable being a design leader and can drive user-centered design thinking and processes in partnership with the wider product teams. You are naturally adaptive and agile and apply your own techniques and the latest trends to create best-in-class digital and physical experiences. You have excellent time-management skills and can help create a design workflow that fits the timeframe and team.
- Partner with experience designers, content specialists, product managers, technologists, and strategists to develop concepts and designs.
- Create the visual look and narrative of complex, large-scale websites, mobile applications, and other digitally enabled executions.
- Establish the direction, style, and tone of complex design systems.
- Generate ideas and deliver innovative interface design.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, regularly presenting your own work
- Proactively research best practices
- Mentor junior experience designers, providing feedback, guidance, and development opportunities
- Assist the Experience Design Director in managing a growing design staff
- Work alongside project managers, developers, and engineers to define and deliver product experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing digital work samples.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in UI or product design.
- Experience with creating robust design systems.
- Detailed knowledge of the agency studio/creative department process.
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation.
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Figma, the Adobe Creative Suite, expert knowledge in MS Office. programs (Word, PowerPoint), and expert knowledge Apple Keynote.
- Solid typography skills.
- Ability to use animation programs (After Effects, prototyping apps, etc.) is a huge plus.
- Proven ability to create concepts and designs for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries.
- Familiarity with SEO requirements.
- An appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements.
- An appreciation for great design in general.
- Ability to write professionally in a variety of styles for diverse audiences.
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary.
- Impeccable organization skills including file structure, file management, and archiving.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience following brand guidelines and specs.
- Exceptional communication skills.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.