We’re looking for…
We're looking for an experienced mobile UI designer to bring some well-thought out design and delight to our app's UI. You’ll work collaboratively with teammates in design, product, and engineering to solve our customers’ needs by creating flows as beautiful as they are effective. You love playing in pixels, thinking about color, contrast, and spacing, and understand the play between an interface that brings style and energy while also getting out of the way of of the customer.
- Early stage start-up environment, handling multiple complex projects at once.
- You’ll design the solutions, features, iterations, and moments of delight that will take Daylight to the next level
- Perform and synthesize user research to inform and execute deliberate design
- Bring best practices and design patterns to every corner of the Daylight app
- Advocate for the user’s needs
Ingredients for Success
Here are some of the things that will make you a great addition to our team:
- 3-5 years experience in designing beautiful experiences for consumer mobile applications
- Excellent level capabilities in using Figma and the Adobe Suite to create high-fidelity designs and associated documentation for implementation by developers
- Skilled in Animation tooling such as After Effects or Framer
- Impressive portfolio showing UI design process: visual design, UI, storytelling, etc.
- Visual Interface design: branding, color palette, etc.
- Experience working closely with other product and engineering stakeholders
Joining the team means you’ll join us as we go looking for trouble (so we can solve it!). That means that you will exemplify our behaviors.
1. Tenacious – You’re persistent and persevering. You’re resilient. You never give up.
2. Attentive – You’re great at listening and observing. Your understanding drives empathy and shapes what we create and how we respond.
3. Clever – You’re not just smart. You’re ingenious, bright and skilled. Ready to figure things out. (You’re also not afraid of being clever. Think witty and unexpected with a dash of humor)
4. Celebratory – This is more than pride. You’re affirming—you see and cheer on personal wins, set and met goals and the community around us.
Things that will accelerate your success at Daylight…
Understanding of the LGBT+ market through professional or lived experience, for example as family or friends of LGBT+ people; participating in LGBT+ allyship activities and/or direct service provision to LGBT+ people in a professional setting.
Daylight’s value, Attentive, means that we aim to create a culture of empathy where everyone can belong and be their real authentic selves in the office. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, though we have strict policies in place against racism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. LGBT+ people have a wide variety of lifestyles and we offer an affirming company (not just judgment-free), and you’ll need to be open-minded to work in our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.