About Founder Shield:
Founder Shield is a boutique commercial insurance brokerage firm focused on the venture-backed community. Our mission is to take the stress out of buying insurance, through a seamless and informative insurance purchasing process. We provide exceptional services and support so that companies can protect their founders and employees.
Founder Shield is looking for a passionate and pragmatic UI/UX Designer who is eager to join a fun, collaborative and innovative team. Their role is to understand the business and end-user’s needs in order to translate those needs into intuitive, transformational experiences. The UI/UX Designer is a team player and assists with various Experience Design activities throughout a project lifecycle and collaborates extremely well across teams.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer and team feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Quickly and thoroughly create user flows, wireframes, design mockups, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UI.
- Establish and maintain detailed user-interface patterns and specifications—working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment.
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- 3+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Works in Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Has experience with designing large complicated web forms with plenty of grouped fields and conditional logic
- Experience designing all kinds of GUI elements that would be expected in an enterprise-level b2b client application
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Insurance / insurtech / fintech experience
- Interested in coming into the office full(ish) time but flexible for the right candidate
- Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software or by hand
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment where rapid growth and iteration is encouraged
- Visual design acumen demonstrated through owning product design end-to-end
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Exponential growth opportunities
- Incomparable company culture
- Early employee of a rapidly scaling organization
- Hybrid WFH, remote work and vacation policies
- Medical, vision, dental, 401k