Senior UX Researcher
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
As Checkout.com continues to build the next generation of online payment solutions and financial products, the role of Design within the organisation is becoming more critical with each day. At Checkout.com, we believe research should be the foundation of every design process!
You will drive large research pieces and expand our customer knowledge base. You will champion our user’s needs across the whole organisation, and you will be able to synthesise data from multiple sources into compelling, actionable insights. You will be an integral part of the Design organisation and work alongside a team of Product Designers and UX Writers to ensure that all our products, both internal and external, are removing the unnecessary complexity that exists in the industry.
You will work on a specific product area in Checkout. You will help define and refine guidelines and processes that will enable the team to build a consistent and delightful journey for our customers. You will report to a UX Research Director and you will support all the design teams which are fully embedded in cross-functional teams.
You will influence business strategy through research, finding opportunities to drive innovation by understanding deeply customer behaviours and distilling insights that can reduce project risk. You will be seen as an expert in your field with skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You care deeply. You believe you have a civic responsibility to your fellow human being that everything is made in the pursuit of excellence. You welcome constructive feedback.
- You're not an island. You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better.
- You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the experience.
- You highly prize being accountable. You take ownership for every action, confess faults and failures, strive for better, and build trust.
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible.
- You're self motivated and can work independently. Because you can work from anywhere, we trust you to take the initiative making sure everyone has everything they need.
- You love learning. You might not have experience for everything this role requires, but you're keen to grow and learn - sometimes 'wearing many hats' in a team.
- The online payments / finance industry.
- Experience in designing WCAG compliant, accessible interfaces.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work alongside a UX Research Director to identify needs and growth areas for the UX Research Team
- Contribute and help maintain a research program that enables researchers and designers to deeply understand user needs
- End to end responsibility for research streams on a specific product area.
- Work closely with product, design, and business partners to identify and prioritize research project opportunities based on need and impact
- Use quantitative and qualitative research methodologies that help the business to deeply understand user behaviours and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate the user experience
- Help define a research roadmap for a specific product and prioritise research plans through a fast-paced environment
- Evangelise UX research and be a champion for the user, while being able to clearly explain research findings and make thoughtful recommendations to executives and senior management
- Contribute to a long-term vision and strategy for the UX research team
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.