UX Design Manager
CallRail is looking for a UX Design Manager for our growing UX team. We are looking for a manager passionate about team culture and creating an environment where designers can grow into the best versions of themselves, while delivering smart designs that solve user problems.
CallRail is a team of confident self-starters, and that’s the kind of people with whom we work best. Our current group of UX Designers work on cross-functional delivery teams and come together as a core for design collaboration and open peer feedback. We’re looking for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and help where needed. As our first UX Manager, you’ll be focused on building out and building up a team of UX Designers, and will be empowered to find and solve problems to improve the UX Design experience at CallRail.
What You'll Do
- Recruit exceptional design talent and help onboard them successfully
- Manage and mentor a group of UX Designers to do their best work and grow in their career
- Manage work and resources across teams. Partner with PMs and any future UX Managers to make sure each designer is optimized and aligned with their teams. Move designers between teams as needed to execute on top priorities
- Surface issues from the design team early and work with UX leaders to fix them
Feedback & Accountability
- Create a culture of feedback for the design team. Seek out perspectives from cross-functional teams to help each designer grow
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables. Help define best practices, and set metrics for evaluating work
- Partner with UX Content and Research leads to build in collaboration and cross-advocacy for UX teams. Collaborate with UX team to promote and expand user-focused design culture at CallRail
- Help planning events and off-sites. Work with UX leaders to identify the culture we want to build within the UX teams and work towards creating that culture
- Build collaborative relationships with other departments to identify ways to effectively partner across the organization to execute better experiences. Cultivate strong feedback channels from other teams on new features, especially customer-facing teams
- Find opportunities for improving tool sets, communication, workflows and processes. Own, maintain, & implement existing processes and documentation, alongside future UX Managers
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience as a UX/Product designer or a related role for a SaaS company
- At least one year of experience in a managerial role
- Experience using research and metrics for design decision-making
- Ability to align design goals with business objectives and articulate and solve for any misalignments
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows
About the Design Team
At CallRail, the design team heavily values close collaboration, honest critique, mutual respect, and strong work ethic. Together, we have transformed and evolved the user experience within our products to support our customers as well as other internal teams. We are passionate about solving problems both externally and internally, investing in each other, and building out the best team possible.
Working Remote vs. Office
In The Before Times™, our team worked 3-5 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We enjoyed catered lunch once a week and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Mario Kart 8 races occurred frequently. And we often worked face-to-face in our ‘design studio’ room to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
Currently, we are fully remote, but plan to return to the office part-time when it’s safe to do so (and we feel comfortable). The UX design team will tentatively return on a limited basis (2-3 days/week) and continue to work from home the rest of the time as we are doing now. Because we built our design team’s culture around tight collaboration and getting to know one another, we are not currently hiring a fully remote position. So if you’re local to the Atlanta area and you think you’re a fit for this role, we would love to connect!
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).