Saatva is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing design team. Our Product Designers will be responsible for informing and expanding our Design Language System, improving the user journey, and working to develop delightful web & mobile experiences that match the luxurious experience we offer with our home products. Acting as an advocate for the user and flawless design, the Product Designer will work with Product, Development and Creative teams to create resonant, valuable, and intuitive experiences . We're looking for a passionate digital thinker who wants to grow and have fun creating good work with good people.
Who We Are
Saatva is the Direct-to-consumer luxury mattress and home furnishings brand that aspires to help every consumer get a great night’s sleep. At Saatva, we do more than sell mattresses to consumers. We are a brand that believes in consciousness and goodness — from what we put in our products, to how we treat our customers and each other. We believe our greatest potential is reached when we empower each other, and we believe in having a good time in the process. This commitment extends to a diverse and friendly environment that nurtures personal as well as professional growth.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional squad of product managers and UI engineers to turn company visions into simple, effective digital products
- Communicate solutions to stakeholders in a manner that simplifies complexity and generates excitement
- Lead and develop user experience research plans to understand consumer needs, opportunities and pain points to continually inform an iterative design and discovery process
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
- Collaborate (and lead/facilitate collaboration) with Product Managers, other Designers, Analysts and Developers throughout the discovery, design and development process
- Create visual artifacts to articulate, inform and validate ideas with consumers and stakeholders (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
- Create and oversee the development of detailed design deliverables that adhere to organized rules/structures (style guides, pattern libraries, voice and tone guidelines
- Stay current on all the tools, principles and practices in product design, prototyping and development, and drive for continuous improvement
- Advocate for high standards of excellence in providing delightful and rewarding user experiences, and proactively support the team in achieving them
- In collaboration with Product Managers, Identify areas of need, plan and execute A/B and multi variant testing to drive improvement in customer experiences
Skills and Qualifications
- Min 4 years experience within the field of user experience and UX design/development preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio or work samples showcasing UX prowess, creativity, and depth of thought coupled with fluency in best practices for UX Design, Visual Design and Front End Development
- Comfortable using tools like InVision, Sketch, Zeplin, Craft, and the Adobe creative suite
- Desire to work within a team, taking and giving criticism in order to achieve growth, and succeeding or failing as a team
- Passion for technology and design, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
- Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Good listener – weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Solid understanding of user-centered design processes and ability to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions
- Experience facilitating brainstorming and product discovery sessions and getting consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience conducting and leveraging user research, user testing and design sprints, synthesizing the data and applying the outcomes of UX research
- Strong UX Design principles and deliverables, including rapid prototyping, user personas, wireframes, flows, etc.
- Ability to quickly convert ideas into design artifacts
- Strong design aesthetic
- Ability to perform interface design critiques, Participate in regular Product demos & design critiques and supply objective feedback
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Experience designing solutions for web, mobile, and tablet applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and modern design processes and best practices such as Design Sprint, Lean UX, etc.
- Responsive/adaptive design experience a plus
- E-commerce experience a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (Salary is DOE + competitive market rates)
- Unlimited snacks, Our break areas stocked to the brim with cereal, snacks, La Croix, soda, Red Bull, Topo Chico, coffee, and more to keep you going throughout the day.
- We're dog friendly! Bring your pooch to work at any of our offices.
- Fun company events, including intramural sports teams, holiday party, chili cookoff, pot lucks, and more.
- We tangibly see the impact we have on lives — every day — by promoting healthy sleep and lifestyle behaviors.
- We have the benefits of an established company with start-up like opportunities to grow, change and invent.
- Most importantly, our team cares about collaborating well, building solutions that matter, and genuinely liking the work we do.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs, and are committed to the hiring, retention and success of diverse candidates. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender or transsexual individual, and gender identity or expression), sexual and reproductive health decisions, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, military status (including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services), genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, caregiver status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all aspects of the employment hiring process, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, and benefits.