Lead Product Designer
About the Position
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our UX & Design team at FiscalNote. If you have experience leading UX and product design efforts and are now looking to heavily influence the future of one of DC’s biggest tech startups, this is the job for you.
You will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile. You will work closely with other product designers, product managers, engineers, and others to drive innovative experiences for our company's top strategic initiatives.
This role reports into the Manager of Product Design.
About the Product Team
The Product team at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs. If you want to work in a highly engaged and collaborative environment to solve emerging challenges, Product at FiscalNote is for you.
Diligent. Thoughtful. Detail-oriented. Always curious, ready to ask questions, and open to being questioned. Highly collaborative and transparent in your work, output, and decision making. A self starter, you are always able to understand the bigger picture, and take a leading role to impact it. An overall product design expert with deep expertise spanning web, desktop, and mobile. You are a problem solver and keep the user in mind. You love working across different groups in a fast-paced environment, and you’re not afraid to embrace change.
What To Expect in this Position:
- Lead the design strategy for several work-streams within one of the company's most meaningful initiatives and core product experiences
- Potentially manage the 2 designers on the team. Coach and support them in their work and in their growth as designers
- Own end-to-end design projects consisting of several product features and touchpoints from ideation, research, through execution and production
- Be the subject matter authority for experience and design
- Be curious. Learn about our users, build empathy for their needs, advocate for them and deliver impactful experiences that connect their goals to business context.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, facilitation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and visual execution
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business goals into unique product experiences that delight customers and deliver business results
- Work cross functionally and with clients to ideate, validate, and execute enhancements and features
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and across the business; produce design solutions, and adapt your designs to emerging constraints
What Sets You Apart:
- 4+ years of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of gifted creatives
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking with the experience developing product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- Experience in working in digital product design, user experience, information architecture, interaction design, and/or visual design
- A portfolio of work that ideally includes content-rich web and native apps. SaaS experience is a plus
- A user-centered, data informed, and agile design mindset. Ability to think big while paying attention to detail
- Facilitated design sprints, user interviews, and other info-gathering sessions, all with the goal of uncovering user needs and building high-value products for our customers
- Strong knowledge of industry leading tools for design and prototyping, such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and others
- Strong grasp of accessibility, 508 compliance and WCAG guidelines
Reference ID: #LI-AW1
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote’s tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.