Product Design Lead
Product Design Lead - Workera - (7+ years of work experience)
Workera, backed by Owl Ventures (the world’s largest ed-tech VC) and Andrew Ng’s AI Fund, is a precision upskilling company that helps Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies unlock their full potential in data science, machine learning, and other AI technologies. Our management team includes seasoned startup executives and award-winning Stanford academics. Andrew Ng (co-founder of Coursera) is our chairman.
Our mission is to help humanity measurably close skills gaps to achieve its fullest potential.
We’re looking for a Product Design Lead. You’ll own the mission-critical effort of deeply understanding a complex problem space and finding simple and effective design solutions. You’ll also help define UX processes and develop our nimble UX team to deliver high quality work.
What you will do:
- Own complex products end-to-end in areas like learner experience, enterprise tools and assessments. You’ll drive projects from ideation to prototyping, to testing and launch.
- Craft effective UX processes. You’ll help the UX and Product teams create processes that reliably deliver successful products and features.
- Conduct customer discovery. You’ll connect with various different customer types to better understand their goals and uncover opportunities.
- Define Workera’s product strategy in collaboration with Product, Engineering, Assessments, Sales and Leadership.
- Develop and grow Workera’s UX team. Help the team be focused and deliver valuable outcomes.
- You will be a mentor for fellow designers. Identify opportunities for upskilling current team members and for recruiting.
What we’d like to see:
- Proven track record of collaborating with a product team to ship successful products for users.
- Ability to own the end-to-end design process from initial concept to final implementation.
- Strong design craft in interaction and visual design skills, prototyping, and UX research.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity to set a vision and strategy.
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to other design team members.
- Keen eye for opportunities: You are comfortable using quantitative and qualitative insights to guide our product focus. You are able to define and justify meaningful opportunities based on business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving. You are able to think about the forest and the trees. Workera is taking a novel approach to job readiness training and needs someone who can redefine traditional learning.
- Determination and scrappiness. You don’t give up easily. You take initiative and proactively get things done in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Experience with Learning Technologies and/or Enterprise is a strong plus.
What you can get by working with us:
- Unlimited PTO plus a week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Collegial atmosphere.
- Innovative environment.
- Full support for home offices.
- A culture of life-long learning supported up to $3,000 reimbursement for professional development.
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to make the world more meritocratic.
- Be part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence.
- Opportunity to own high-impact engineering projects.
What’s it like to work at Workera?
- High-velocity career growth. You will be joining an all-star team of industry experts, world-class technologists from top tech companies, and proven startup operators that have built large, successful businesses. Workera is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and most importantly, we’re solving a massive problem for enterprises and individuals, so your opportunities for growth and impact are unlimited.
- A company that is solving one of the most exciting interdisciplinary problems of our era. World-changing innovations are often brought forth by interdisciplinary research and development. Workera is, at its heart, an interdisciplinary company. To create the world’s most reliable and valid skills signal powering talent development, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the most challenging problems at the intersection of psychometrics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering – from developing valid and reliable computer adaptive tests, to recommending personalized learning plans to employees and organizations, and enabling business leaders worldwide to make the best strategic decisions for upskilling and recruiting.
- Diversity. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. Our team-members, like our users, transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a skills-based, more meritocratic world, and a unique ability to execute.
- A remote-friendly work environment. No matter where you reside, you’re a part of Workera. We ensure that our globally distributed employees can participate fully in our company’s activities and do their best work every day.
- Lifelong learning. As talented as our team members are, we know that everyone is a constant work-in-progress and that the best is yet to come. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, mentorship, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. Did someone ever tell you that world-class mentorship doesn’t exist in startups? Please send them our way!
- A culture of transparency that we carry through to messaging communication, ensuring that team members have the information they need to make good decisions.
We’re learners, dreamers, and game-changers. Join us to bring everyone the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential!
Workera is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best capable people in every role and don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're delighted to accommodate!
This is a full-time position based remotely or in Palo Alto, California. The compensation package includes a competitive salary, stock options, and health insurance.
You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the US. Please apply below.