Senior UX Researcher
Curology is a technology company building the future of skincare through personalized prescription treatment. We believe that dermatology should be accessible to everyone—great skin shouldn't be a luxury, but a fact of life. To make this possible, we're building tech to power an entire in-house medical ecosystem, covering everything from medical care to provider licensing and pharmacy fulfillment operations.
In this role, you will be a critical research leader on the Patient Experience team and will be responsible for bringing the voice and needs of our patients to the forefront of product strategy. You will have the opportunity to drive the research vision for our Patient Experience group and the ability to leverage your generative and foundational research skills as you take on complex topics to define long-term investments. You will also have autonomy in your role and will work closely with other researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure that we are addressing the most critical needs and opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and own the UX Research roadmap for the Patient Experience Product Group, prioritizing inquiries from stakeholders or identifying areas of contextual inquiry for Curology to focus on
- Personally initiate and conduct research across the product lifecycle to build a stronger foundational knowledge of our patients. Research will consist of a mix of problem validation, foundational research, and strategic research projects
- Conduct generative research to identify new opportunities and add clarity to the problem space, maximizing the impact of the work of the product and design teams
- Demonstrate, explain, and teach others how to apply a range of research methods, understanding the balance and trade-offs between smart, scrappy research and rigor
- Partner with Design, Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process
- Build on and scale the existing operation for UXR at Curology
- Shape or reframe the UXR and Design culture, processes, and documentation at Curology
You will be successful if you have:
- Roughly 5+ years of user research experience, preferably with experience in a lead role or primary point of contact for a company and/or product area with many stakeholders
- A high level of emotional intelligence, always leading by example with empathy and humility while being willing to proactively uncover and mitigate potential biases.
- Partnered with product, design and engineering to influence the vision that drives product development
- Experience leading and conducting generative and foundational research and creating design frameworks and experience maps.
- Led research projects from proposal to a live product, assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria
- The ability to work independently but also collaborate cross-functionally, with the opportunity to mentor and support researchers and designers
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to translate broad vision into an overarching research plan
You will love working at Curology because:
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.