Senior UI / UX Designer
Appscore is a leading product, design and innovation consultancy providing services that help transform and empower businesses. We work with Australia's leading enterprise companies (including NAB, Australia Post, MYOB, Carsales, Fitness First and many more) to provide meaningful contribution and value since 2009 our mission has been to change lives through amazing digital experiences, revolutionize our customer's businesses by creating game-changing technology and drive digital adoption by creating user value in everything we create.
Clients often come to us with requests for things that have never been done before or wanting to innovate how they currently do things. Working for us, you will be challenged to do things you have not done before, working on large scale projects to drive digital transformation for our enterprise clients across a variety of sectors. You will work with emerging technologies and tools that will help further your growth. We are fast-moving, collaboratively and rapidly growing. At Appscore, we get stuff done quickly - there are not loads of red tape that you need to navigate through to be successful in your role.
About the Role :
The candidate will be full of creativity and can work in a fast-paced environment. They will be working closely with Project Managers to produce high quality designs of Products, Websites and Apps by facilitating engaging workshops to a range of clients. We’re looking for a talented individual who is understand that user experience is the driver for all things digital.
- Strategise and plan compelling and effective design concept from pre-sale to projects.
- Facilitate scoping/design workshops
- Meet with clients to assess and reassess their wants and needs for the project
- Create clean, unique and innovate web & app interfaces
- Create interfaces that guide the user naturally and make them want to stay and read / click / interact more
- Design a solution that directly reflects and represents the company or individual’s brand identity
- Collaborate with developers to create structure and content
- Project manage and see through all aspects of design
- Research, track and evaluate user performance and adapt the design as needed
- Ensure mobile-friendly capabilities
- Optimise website / app speed through design
- Stay informed on and implement current design trends
- Present and defend designs to clients
- Stay aware of, and be able to implement the scientific methodology of UX
- Facilitate fortnightly 1:1 with other designers
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Produce pre-sales, sales, and project decks
- Respond to support ZenDesk tickets
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Knowledge UI tools (Adobe XD, Sketch and Figma)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Knowledge and practical application of Apple Human Centered Design Guidelines
- Knowledge and practical application of Google Material Design
- Work from home 2 days a week (Covid Normal)
- Flexible working hours (core business hours are 10AM-4PM) you choose what times suit you best
- Weekly Personal Training/Yoga, free virtual gym classes and discounted gym memberships
- Bi-Monthly offsite activities and a huge mid-year awards party
- Employee Assistance Program with free counselling services, health and will being discounts.
- Personalised training & development programs (We have had team members get new certifications, do toast masters and so much more) and discounts on Udemy Courses.
- Optional flu shots for the entire office.
- Breakfast and a fully stocked beer & wine fridge for when you are in the office
- Nintendo Switches with all the latest and most popular games
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Appscore is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We are passionate about providing a workplace which encourages great participation and an equal playing field, where merit and accomplishment are the only criteria for success.