Quality isn’t just a goal. It’s the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where ‘every company is now a software company’ is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. That’s why it’s our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed – especially when it’s needed most. And we’re looking for people to join us.
We are seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to lead the design of our software design and testing products. SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Designers at SmartBear play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision and strategy for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A successful designer here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, utilizes multiple sources of data to inform all stages of design, and inspires the organization by envisioning creative solutions to difficult problems. The ideal designer for this role has experience with enterprise solutions, the software development lifecycle, and modern design systems.
- Lead design projects across the product portfolio and multiple product launches. Set the vision for the user experience and manage collaboration with stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
- Represent the UX team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Create low- and high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
- Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes.
- Grow the SmartBear design system, and ensure all features align with it.
- Collaborate with UX Research to evaluate the effectiveness of designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems.
- 8+ years of experience designing engaging products and user experiences in a dynamic, fast-paced software development context.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, or other tools for producing and testing designs.
- Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique.
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SVG, and other front-end web technologies.
- Knowledge of how APIs are used in technology stacks.
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events, exploration Friday and Quality Month (join interview so we can explain more)
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.