We're looking for a UX/UI Designer in our newly formed product team to join us in our mission to grow the creator economy. If you thrive in a creative and stimulating environment, and are keen to work in a cross-functional squad - this is the right opportunity for you!
You will be part of a tech company revolutionizing the production of visuals at scale. We work with brands across Europe and provide them the tools to simplify the production of professional visuals. Through our platform, businesses are able to instantly order a photoshoot across Europe and will receive their visuals within 48 hours.
We also provide the tools that our community of creatives needs to remove all potential roadblocks to them providing the best service possible. These include taking care of prospecting, booking, content hosting, post-production, invoicing, payments etc. Our mission is to disrupt the way visual content is created... and we're just getting started!
What we're looking for
You have the exciting opportunity to become the first designer in a fast-growing startup and shape with your aesthetic and vision the future direction of the platform. We are looking for a risk taker, someone who thrives in fast-paced environments and wants to define their own path.
- You are the user advocate and put customers at the centre of every decision. You strive to understand your users through all means necessary, from market analysis and customer research, to usage analytics and feedback.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and execute them across all phases of design work: setting up user research, define conceptual foundation for design solutions and UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, create production ready designs, conduct usability testing and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation.
- Define and evangelize Backbone design language, creating simple and elegant UX and UI flows and experiences.
- Partner with product management and engineering to arrive at optimal solutions, and coordinate across teams to create a holistic experience for our users.
- Contribute to the creation of outstanding experiences, incorporating best practices in UX and creating solid, engaging UX and UI patterns.
What do you need to be successful?
- 2-3 years of experience working with both UX and UI
- Obsessed with understanding the needs of the users: you have experience in setting up and conducting user researches and testings
- You are a team player and know how to work in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Abstract or similar design tools.
- Ability to lead discussions, promote design solutions and adapt design practices.
- You take initiatives and like to experiment.
- Hands-on approach and empathy — not ego but user first.
- You are fluent in English - French and/or German is a plus.
Please apply with a portfolio that demonstrates your UI / Visual design abilities and clearly outlines your contribution to the individual project’s success.
Why join Backbone
- The chance to work for an exciting tech start-up growing rapidly across Europe. Backbone has been elected amongst the top 500 start-ups in the world by Web Summit.
- You want to disrupt an industry and contribute to the evolution of the way visual content is produced.
- Be a part of a unique adventure with great personal career opportunities.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Step 1 : 30 min screening interview
Step 2 : Design assignment
Step 3 : 60 min interview with Sara (Head of Product)
Step 4 : 45 min interview with Antoine (Co-founder / COO)
Job type: Full-Time, Remote-friendly
Languages: English - French and/or German is a plus