Mid-Weight UX Designer
We are looking for a contract Mid-Weight UX Designer to join our cross-disciplinary product and design team working closely with Data Scientists and Developers.
You’ll be an integral part of the team, growing the Adthena analytics platform including the web application and API.
You’ll take on complex user challenges and design intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions, collaborating with Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers.
You will be working on the end to end design process from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for design, who loves a fast-paced and collaborative working session and is more interested in creating a great product than polishing a design deck.
You’ll be part of Adthena’s Product team, reporting to the design team lead, working with the very best of AI specialists in London. Team members have previously worked on Blockchain, Healthcare AI and Computational Advertising. They all share a passion for user-centric design and harnessing the power of data to find innovative solutions to customer problems.
- You will work with the team to conduct research on user needs and behaviours, ensuring we understand the needs of our users.
- You will be rapidly crafting, testing and iterating concepts and prototypes, understanding when a lo-fi sketch will do the job, and knowing when to add more detail.
- You will evolve persona and behaviour archetypes and empathy maps, develop low-fi user journeys based on findings.
- As able, you’ll create high-fidelity designs ready for engineers to build.
- You’ll contribute to the product design lifecycle including writing and helping prioritise user stories.
- You’ll participate in product feature design working sessions, including paper-prototyping and developing proof of concepts.
- Engage closely with the client and Scrum teams to review current design processes and methods.
- You will own the voice of the user to ensure user-centric design and constantly seek feedback and input from the different voices within our business.
- You will have a degree in HCI, Design or related areas of studies is preferred.
- You will have a passion for all things digital, software AND web applications (showcasing your own portfolio of work outside of your studies is a huge plus).
- You will have an interest or experience in UX research and related disciplines such as interaction design.
- You will have related professional work experience; ideally one-year work placement with working experience designing responsive-web applications at scale.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You know how to plan, set up, execute, and analyse usability tests.
- You’re familiar with remote testing tools as well as interest or experience in conducting in-person tests.
- You will be familiar with developing and evolving behaviour-driven personas from a number of information sources and sharing findings with the wider team.
- You understand how design systems are built. You know when to follow and when to break established interaction patterns. You champion consistency, flexibility, and reuse.
- You are likely to work in Sketch, InVision or similar—but post-it note and sharpie are also highly valued!
- You’ll have experience creating high-fidelity visual designs for front-end developers to implement. You’re comfortable working with data scientists, or AI product developers in a Lean or Agile environment.
- You are familiar with analysing quant data on user analytics platforms like Heap or Pendo, turning research into actionable insight and iterating on MVT and A/B testing on live product features.
- Interest in behavioural science and what makes humans tick.
- Ability to visualise analytical data, that can be understood by a wide range of users.
Why join Adthena?
- Work on a multi-award winning product in a position where you are being valued and feel you can make your mark
- Join a company with an extremely fast growth trajectory. (We’ve now got three offices globally and we don’t plan to stop there!)
- Have a flexible working environment, where you are given the freedom and responsibility to manage your own time and workload.
- Receive stock options from day one. Our employees do incredible work, so as we grow everyone shares the rewards.
- Have untracked annual leave, Free lunch every Friday, and complimentary snacks and drinks. Lots of social activities to join in. Regular off-sites, bake-offs, office table tennis tournaments and much more! & A whole host of other benefits and perks!
- Remote-Friendly & Home Office Stipend