Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
We're looking for a meticulous UX/UI Designer to join our Creative team in the Marketing as a Service department. This is an integral position within a high-performance, fast-paced team, and will require strong industry knowledge user interface and user experience design best practices. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, curious, analytical, a strategic thinker and able to navigate competing priorities to ensure that our high-value clients get optimal results.
- Research and Design
- Conduct user research and design assessments through competitive & comparative analysis, heuristic evaluations, and user journey maps for new and potential clients
- Analyze and interpret research and feedback to gain user insight and incorporate this feedback into new designs
- Support User Testing research by creating test plans, review test footage + transcripts, develop insights and manage in-depth user interviews and surveys
- Assist in creating landing page/site page wireframes and prototypes across multiple client projects
- Support the team with weekly and monthly performance reports for each client
- Work with other designers to create presentation slide decks for new and current clients
- Asset Management, Communication & Collaboration
- Develop and maintain design systems, style guides and template library
- Manage and organize internal asset libraries
- Collaborate with creative teams, project managers, developers to understand and incorporate technical, business, and user requirements into usable designs
- Thought Leadership
- Understands and executes UX and UI best practices for landing pages, shopping carts, checkout flows, product detail pages, and other ecommerce pages
- Continually elevate and adopt new UX and research tools and methodology
- 1+ Years of Experience in a UI or UX role
- A portfolio of design projects showing a strong human-centered approach and based on research
- UI skills such as UI style guides, interactive prototyping, icon/logo design
- Ability to iterate on designs quickly and efficiently
- Ability to show expertise in UX design best practices for web and mobile responsive experiences
- Proven understanding of UX research methods
- Proficient with UI/UX wireframing and prototyping tools including Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD), Invision, Zeplin, etc.
- Ability to take creative ideas and translate them to visual presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual), Human Computer Interaction or related UX field; or equivalent work experience.
- Retail/eCommerce category experience
- Interaction design
- Animation experience
- Experience with Webflow
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, DOMO, etc.)
- Experience with Project Management tools (Asana, Basecamp, Clickup, etc.)
- Working understanding of cross media channels
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.