Recurly provides enterprise-class recurring subscription management for thousands of businesses worldwide—like SlingTV, SoundCloud, Bark, Twitch, and many more.
In your role as a Product Designer you’ll work closely with your product team to learn about the business challenges our customers face, imagine valuable and viable solutions, quickly prototype and test experiences, and deliver high-quality assets for development. You’ll be called upon to work through design challenges big and small: from figuring out the best language for a form field’s label to making it easy for our customers in Chicago to apply the correct “amusement tax.”
- Facilitate Design Thinking activities with cross-functional partners and involve them in explorations.
- Conduct generative and evaluative research to discern user needs and behaviors.
- Translate findings and insights into usable, effective, and accessible user experiences.
- Identify product opportunities, write user stories and acceptance criteria, and provide thoughtful, creative solutions that apply knowledge of your product area and the business context.
- Contribute to your team's strategy, roadmap, and success metrics.
- Make smart trade-offs that balance customer value, experience quality, and feasibility of development.
- Communicate ideas verbally and visually through concept designs, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Participate in scrum team rituals, including backlog refinement, daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Apply Recurly’s design system to solutions and contribute to its improvement.
- Ensure that design intent is maintained through development.
- Eagerly seek out opportunities to learn, grow, and improve.
- Advocate for the value of human-centered design.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing for digital products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong portfolio of product design with insight into your process.
- Proficiency using UI/UX design, prototyping, and collaboration tools. We primarily work in (and love) Figma, but we’re always interested in discovering new capabilities.
- Familiarity with the front-end development technologies behind the web. You should be able to understand if a solution could use existing components or would require additional development.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and analytical skills.
You’ll Fit Right in If You...
- Have a positive attitude and understand that every design problem is worth your care.
- Embrace constructive criticism as part of the process and can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Believe in craft and strong visual design fundamentals, including typography, color, and composition.
- Aren’t afraid to fail and love to iterate quickly.
- Pride yourself on empowering and supporting the success of your peers.
- Care passionately about creating inclusive experiences for all people.
- Love getting feedback from users and dread making decisions without it.
Product Design @ Recurly
- The Product Design team is responsible for the user experience of Recurly’s merchants and their subscribers. Product Design is part of the Recurly Product team, which also includes Product Management, Data Science & Analytics, and Partnerships. This role reports to the Director of Product Design.
- Product Screenshots: Recurly Application Screen Examples
Compensation & Benefits:
Estimated annual salary for this role may range from $125,000 to $140,600
States Recurly can hire from:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, South Carolina, Utah, Washington
As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:
Optional remote work
401(k) Retirement Plan
Flex Time Off
Dog friendly office
Internet access stipend
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Offices located in San Francisco, California; Boulder, Colorado; New Orleans, Louisiana and Remote!
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org