Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $60 million Series B in 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
Kandji is growing fast and we’re building an in-house Product Design and Research team from the ground up. You’ll play a central role in delivering next-generation Kandji products and features across web, MacOS, iOS and iPadOS. We're seeking a Senior Product Designer who is proactive and unafraid to own our design process, always driving towards finding simple, easy-to-use, intuitive and elegant solutions for complex design problems. You’ll help to define the overall user experience end-to-end from conducting research into the problem space through to designing the micro interactions that bring our product UIs to life. You’ll also get to help shape the Product Design team culture that is founded in passion, support, and fun.
Day to Day
- Create iterative design documentation including user journey flows, wireframes, visual designs, and detailed specifications of behaviors and design implementation.
- Use user research data (from usability studies, surveys, interviews, etc.) and usage metrics to inform design choices.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and other designers iteratively to design, refine, and validate your UX solutions.
- Demonstrate a proven approach to discovering and mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- Maintain an extremely high bar for usability, beauty, quality, and consistency through applying best practice design UCD principles.
- Engage in collaboration with your peers whether that’s in design feedback sessions or in ensuring that you’re all in alignment on larger product goals and initiatives.
- Be a big picture thinker – connect the dots as part of a larger system.
- Sweat the small stuff – understand that the little details are what make people love a product.
- Be a team player – humble, hardworking, egoless and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help others be successful.
- Informally provide other Designers on the team with inspiration, mentorship, coaching, feedback.
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- Wear many hats - whether it’s undertaking Design Research activities with customers, defining micro interactions or crafting UI components.
- 5+ years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive web and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your processes and deliverables. We are interested in learning how you approach problems and think through them.
- Experience developing/consuming component-based design systems.
- Expertise in Figma and other relevant UX design software tools.
- Demonstrated experience designing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and Design.
- A strong focus on usability and efficiency with a drive to simplify complex problems.
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics and a user centered approach to designing software for people.
- Deep understanding of best practice interaction design principles, especially Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and familiar with accessibility standards.
- Proven ability to maintain attention to detail across project deliverables; management of version control issues.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships -- with your team, your manager as well as with various cross functional team members.
- Ability to thrive in an ego-free, collaborative, and cross-functional team environment.
- A confident design leader, an excellent communicator and cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a dynamic sometimes ambiguous working environment.
- You are excited and intent on raising the bar with smart, delightful solutions that solve real customer problems and align with wider company goals and priorities.
- You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback, and lean into challenges with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand.
- You possess a deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your product team and the wider Design team.
Benefits & Perks
- Work from anywhere in the USA!
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation policy
- 100% individual medical + dental + vision coverage, 50% dependents coverage
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Equity for full-time employees
- Home office reimbursement for comfortable remote working
- Cell phone & Internet stipend
- 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- New Macbook Pro and software setup
- Exciting opportunities for career growth
- An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.