ThinkPlace is a leading strategy, design and innovation consultancy working around the world to create better futures.
Recognised as one of Australia’s top 20 most innovative companies by the Australian Financial Review, we are dedicated to shifting the needle on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and creating public value through design, striving towards vibrant communities, strong economies, sustainable environments and trusted institutions. To find out more, visit www.thinkplace.com.au [link removed]
About the role
Working at ThinkPlace is an amazing experience. You’ll be working with nice, inspiring people who want to make a difference. ThinkPlace has an amazing culture of collaboration, optimism, openness, fun and integrity.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on UI/UX Designer to join our Team working on delivering some great digital product designs in an Agile methodology alongside other ThinkPlace great designers in multidisciplinary teams.
You will design and deliver world class customer experiences through creating desirable, usable and compelling experiences, aligned to the Product & Digital strategy, establishing design principles and components to consistently deliver high value digital experiences crafting meaningful and positive impact on the world.
Working at ThinkPlace is an amazing experience.
As a ThinkPlacer working in ThinkPlace's Digital Practice, your experience will be varied and stimulating. You will find yourself working on responsive websites, mobile apps, user interfaces for enterprise systems, online services for the community, and other digital products and services.
Sometimes, your work will have positive impact at a national scale in countries like Australia, New Zealand, Singapore or the US. Sometimes, it will be targeted to public health, energy or poverty challenges in developing countries such as Uganda, Ghana or Indonesia. Every time, they will make a positive difference in the world
And you’ll be working with nice, inspiring people who want to make a difference. ThinkPlace has an amazing culture of collaboration, optimism, openness, fun and integrity.
What does an average day look like?
No two days are ever the same at ThinkPlace, we are fast paced and user-centric. This key role will be championing all things user related for our projects and be actively engaged across a wealth of diverse sprints and initiatives.
This role is focused on crafting great UI design with rock solid user research, as well as:
- Following a lean user-centred design approach to work with the product vision, ensuring ideas align to user’s jobs and strategic business priorities.
- Translating user research into wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes optimized for mobile and web.
- Creating high-end user interfaces and interaction designs that provide value, meaning and the outcomes have a rich user experience
- Understanding of different technologies to design better wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes
- Preparing digital or visual assets for research, design and development team. Such as presentation layouts, information designs and/or report layouts
- Experience working within an agile environment, taking an iterative approach to evolve the service and/or product and testing.
- Design facilitation and gathering product and user requirements
- Knowledge or experience in design systems, WCAG accessibility criteria and Figma/Adobe XD experience is favourable
We are looking for designers with:
- Minimum three years' experience in this field - more is better.
- Tertiary qualifications in interaction design, digital media, UX design, industrial design or related fields are valued but not essential
- Proficiency in Adobe suite and/or prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch
- Strong portfolio of design demonstrating your expertise
- Be willing to travel domestically and occasionally, internationally, for short periods of time
- Favourable: Agile project experience, front-end coding knowledge, WCAG accessibility knowledge and business analysis skills
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be an Australian Citizen and the ability to hold an Australian government security clearance is desirable.
Provide the following three things:
- a one-page covering letter, telling us a bit about yourself. We want to understand your skillset, what you’re like to work with, what you like working on, and your design philosophy – all in a single page of writing.
- a resume with the contact details of two recent (and relevant) referees, including a current one.
- a few examples of your work.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com
Your file should be PDF’d, and be no more than 10MB in size
If you have any questions, please email or phone the office on 02 6282 8852
How your application will be assessed:
There will be a number of assessments undertaken to ensure we have found the right person, and that you have found the right business. We will assess applications as quickly as possible after the closing date.