Lead UI Designer
In short: Full-time/part-time/freelance position in Berlin or remote. Generous stock options in the company are possible. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing platforms custom phone & data plans through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We just completed the Y Combinator W21 batch.
- We love great design. This is a position that doesn't have to fight for "a seat at the table".
- You'll be the first designer and work together with Hermann, Justin & Sebastian. Over time you'll take over more and more parts. You'll bounce off ideas from each other and with the entire team too.
- You'll design across Web app, iOS, Android, website, and the brand.
- Over the next years, we'll build up a product design team around you.
- Potentially you've been a software engineer before and can develop software on a prototype level. We value a deep understanding of nuances in the design-development handover. (E.g. SwiftUI, Framer, JS,..)
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You've built designed consumer-facing products. We love to build custom UI and UX. Our idea of great design is questioning as many assumptions as possible. And also answering them.
- You love a good design system. You understand that it enables creativity much rather than limit it.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members in the design process.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job and don't only follow what you already know.
- You care about more than design quality. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- Salary matching your experience and market value.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Full-time contract.
- Visa sponsorship is available and your relocation will be covered.
- 25 paid vacation days per year (PTO)
- The best phone plan in the world, built by you.
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch.
- Company health insurance policy (in case you are not from Germany and were wondering how it works over here).
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And will do everything to accommodate your needs.
You'll walk through four stages:
1. Get to know each other: We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We'll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.
2. Meet the team: You'll get to meet our team members. We value team fit over everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.
3. Design assessment: You will share work you've done before (can be a pet project or from a previous job). We'll use that to have a conversation about which decisions you've taken and why.
4. Final conversation: The team and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
You can also speak to one of our investors. We want to give you as many insights into us as possible. We see this as a truly two-sided decision.
How to apply
Just apply here.
Now, let's hear it!