Senior UX Writer
At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking a Senior UX Writer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious. You’ll be working closely with the design and product teams to create the best possible experiences for our users. You’ll be comfortable working on both high-level topics like voice, tone and terminology, to the nitty gritty of microcopy and styling patterns.
We're excited to work with proactive, highly motivated writers who are comfortable in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and happy to work with a remote-first team. We're a company of 800+, and our team of product designers keeps on growing.
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- You write inclusive copy with a distinctive brand voice
- You communicate effectively with internal and external audience
- You have the ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-digest formats
- You have excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in English (bonus points for other languages)
- You have strong ownership and follow the whole lifecycle of your copy - from inception to implementation, testing and iteration
- You make sure your writing is consistent across multiple touchpoints and platforms
- You enjoy working closely with and mentoring product design teams
- You are able to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to work collaboratively, and the confidence to work alone
What We’re Looking For
- A creative thinker who is able to translate brand and strategic needs into meaningful consumer facing copy
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role
- A well rounded portfolio demonstrating creative and technical copywriting experience across a variety of brands and channels
- Experience writing clear narratives for B2C and B2B audiences
- Experience in establishing and governing UX writing guidelines and best practices
- Experience testing and validating copy, both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative and business stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.