Lead Product Designer
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Currently, we are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our team and be based in our Berlin office.
Every designer at relayr is striving to create meaningful experiences, maximize the data-ink–ratio, and establish a visual standard in the B2B IIoT domain. As the lead product designer, you will combine strong interaction & visual acumen, facilitation skills, and empathy to craft experiences that lead our users to knowledge and informed action.
You will be working with a cross-functional team of product owners, designers, front-end engineers, and QAs in order to deliver on our promise to build distinctive IIoT solutions, make product development faster and user experiences excellent, all of that should be done in tight collaboration with our various IIoT products and projects, you will be shaping the relayr design language, contribute to product experience while enabling your colleagues to reuse the repeatable parts and free their time to focus on the specific challenges in their domain.
Above all we are looking for people who will contribute to the success of relayr. We love diverse experiences, so even if you don't meet all the requirements but think you'd thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create design resources for relayr’s suite of IIoT products and participate in all design phases, from concept to design to production.
- Craft the design language, UX framework, UI Model, patterns & components with a strong interaction & visual acumen.
- Collaborate closely with the design system team to evolve and maintain the relayr design system.
- Work closely with product management, product design, and domain experts to validate your designs, gather feedback and understand target users.
- Lead to the right trade-offs between consistency and optimization.
- Build consensus around our principles, guidelines, and best practices.
- Run design reviews and supervise, to shepherd UI consistency & product development pace.
- Maintain the Figma library.
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team, share reports and iterate where needed.
- Help to grow our design team maturity, improve processes, and participate in broader design team activities.
- Manage multiple workstreams in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 7 years of experience in agile software development, collaborating with designers, product leads, engineers, data scientists, and researchers along the way.
- A master level of proficiency in Figma.
- Track-record of using or building a design system, creating and maintaining design libraries. You can take part in technical discussions, and seek to understand in order to balance consistency and optimization, as well as care about the design quality of our library.
- Product mindset, embracing multidisciplinary teamwork, deep user empathy, and customer-centric product development processes.
- T-shaped skillset, demonstrating systemic thinking, visual acumen, and ownership in all phases of product development: discovery, definition, design, and delivery.
- An affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of an ambitious organization.
- Refined collaboration and communication skills in a remote and hybrid work environment
- Formal education in the study of Digital Design, Interaction Design, Software Product Design, or equivalent.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg or Munich Central Tower with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin or Munich with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 30 paid vacation days + public holidays
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.