Founding Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Aloft is building a team of engineers working to create highly impactful solutions in the US real estate market. The appraisal industry is the lynchpin of the gigantic real estate and mortgage industries; there is huge opportunity for improvement in efficiency and transparency. The solutions you help create will be the gateway for homeowners, lending institutions, and wall street investors to understand the value of their properties and portfolios.
We are expanding our Engineering Team - the technical backbone of our company. As our Founding Product Designer, you'll create the foundation for our design strategy moving forward keeping our appraisal stakeholders in mind every step of the way. If you’re looking to work on a small agile team and love the ambiguity of what could be, we are eager to connect with you.
This position is located in Seattle, WA and reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
What you'll do:
- Full-cycle design from prototype to end product
- Own and be the decision maker for product design (UI/UX), including a process for interfacing with product and engineering
- Navigate ambiguity (and be comfortable doing so) while our design strategy solidifies
- Develop customer empathy through user interviews and usability testing, and translate user needs into design decisions
- Partner with Engineering to launch and improve every feature we build in the next 12-18 months
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years in product design
- Experience working on B2B projects with a portfolio that highlights that
- Understanding around when something is “good enough”
- A deep sense of empathy
Why we think you’ll be excited about us:
- Competitive compensation package with stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% company match after 90 days
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid family leave
- Lunch ($10/day credit to Peach)
- Strong synergetic startup culture
- Hybrid office model with heavy remote work in the future
- Paid parking or ORCA card
- And of course, an office full of snacks and amazing humans when you decide to come in
Aloft is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and bases all hiring decisions upon business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status.