UX Content Manager
CallRail is looking for a UX Design Manager for our growing UX team. We are looking for a manager passionate about team culture and creating an environment where designers can grow into the best versions of themselves, while delivering smart designs that solve user problems.
CallRail is a team of confident self-starters, and that’s the kind of people with whom we work best. Our current group of UX Designers work on cross-functional delivery teams and come together as a core for design collaboration and open peer feedback. We’re looking for someone willing to roll up their sleeves and help where needed. As our first UX Manager, you’ll be focused on building out and building up a team of UX Designers, and will be empowered to find and solve problems to improve the UX Design experience at CallRail.
What You'll Do
Recruiting & Team Management
- Recruit exceptional content talent and help onboard them successfully.
- Manage and mentor a group of writers and content strategists to do their best work and grow in their career.
- Manage work and resources across teams. Partner with PMs and any future UX Managers to make sure each content strategist is optimized and aligned with their teams. Move content strategists between teams as needed to execute on top priorities.
- Clearly articulate roles, responsibilities, and how they fit into the production workflow.
- Surface issues from the content team early and work with UX leaders to fix them.
Accountability & Feedback
- Create a culture of feedback for the content team. Facilitate discussions, content workshops, and critiques.
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional deliverables. Help define best practices, and set metrics for evaluating work.
- Shape team strategy, identifying risks and prioritizing opportunities. Set clear expectations and goals for individuals and the team. Take responsibility for the quality of the team’s work.
Advocacy & Culture
- Partner with UX Design and Research leads to build in collaboration and cross-advocacy for UX teams. Collaborate with the greater UX team to promote and expand user-focused design culture at CallRail.
- Be a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by clearly communicating and demonstrating the value of content design, by delivering insights that lead to business value.
- Help planning events and offsites. Work with UX leaders to identify the culture we want to build within the UX teams and work towards creating that culture.
- Build collaborative relationships with other departments to identify ways to effectively partner across the organization to execute better experiences. Cultivate strong feedback channels from other teams on new features, especially customer-facing teams.
- Remain up to date with Content Strategy best practices, trends, ideas, and techniques via participation in local Content Strategy communities. Understand how to share new ideas and influence stakeholders and leaders.
- Find opportunities for improving tool sets, communication, workflows and processes. Own, maintain, & implement existing processes and documentation, alongside UX Design Manager and future UX Managers.
- 4+ years of experience as a UX writer, Content Designer, Content Strategist, or other related role, especially for B2B SaaS products.
- 2+ years experience directly managing, mentoring and coaching direct reports.
- Experience building, growing and sustaining high-performing teams.
- Experience facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable projects across programs.
- Extensive experience connecting content strategy work to user, business, and brand value. Experience setting well-defined goals and measuring the impact of content.
- Understanding of best practices for UX writing, content design, microcopy, and information architecture.
- Experience creating style guidelines and accessibility requirements.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team. You communicate clearly and listen intently. High-level presentation skills are a major plus.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and product grows.
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Working Remote vs. Office (UX/UI)
In The Before Times™, our team worked 3-5 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We enjoyed catered lunch once a week and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Mario Kart 8 races occurred frequently. And we often worked face-to-face in our ‘design studio’ room to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
Currently, we are fully remote, but plan to return to the office part-time (if located in Atlanta) when it’s safe to do so (and we feel comfortable). The UX design team will tentatively return on a limited basis (2-3 days/week) and continue to work from home the rest of the time as we are doing now. We are open to remote work, but Atlanta candidates are preferred.