At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Design at Aera is a team of talented UX, UI, Interaction and Creative Designers who are solving highly complex problems using human-centered design that create real-world impact. We craft innovative solutions that have never been built in the area of automation, AI, analytics, NLP. Our design team is growing rapidly across India, US and Europe, and our focus is to continue to build a world class design discipline and a design culture that values curiosity, creativity, teamwork and innovation mindset. If you have the passion to solve complex problems, craft memorable and pleasant experiences for organizations and people, then be part of our journey.
- Ownership: You will be the design owner for sprints and work in an agile environment with designers, product managers and engineers to deliver the sprints in a timely and effective manner
- User Research: You will understand the user and business context using techniques like data studies, contextual inquiry, task analysis, card sorting, surveys etc. and gain insights into users resulting in artifacts like journey maps, personas, use cases, affinity maps etc. which will help in generating the concepts
- Experience Modeling: You will develop organizational models, task flows and convert concepts into wireframes, interactive prototypes, and build interactions that are intuitive and meaningful
- Validation: You will be using usability testing methods like heuristic evaluation, remote task analysis, A/B testing to gain insights on the use of product to determine errors, issues and opportunities
- Design Systems: You will be using the design system for standardization and consistency when building prototypes and for the delivery of all the design assets
- Contribute To Aera Design Practice: You will be contributing to the growing design operations at Aera in various ways by working closely with design leaders.
- You are obsessed with human-centric and data-driven design, and believe that design is Art + Science
- You have the ability to design solutions for complex scenarios while having empathy for the user
- You have a big picture vision, strong command of UX, UI, interaction design capabilities, and are well versed in design thinking, user-centered design methods as well as lean/agile design processes
- You value teamwork, collaboration for common goals, keep your commitments and practice transparency
- You are curious, agile and drive for results in a highly flexible, agile and collaborative environment.
- A solid foundation in UX, UI and interaction design principles.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Proficiency with Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, presentation tools like MS Office, and user research tools to conduct surveys, contextual inquiries and remote testing
- Good communication and presentation skills, and you can justify the design decisions you made
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects, take directions, work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Familiarity and comfort in working with engineers in an agile environment- willingness to learn and understand the technical constraints and its impact on design implementations
- Last but not the least, you take pride in the work and have a positive attitude!
- 5+ years of relevant experience in UX design, crafting experiences for digital products, enterprise applications and other digital touch points
- Experience in AI, Automation, and Analytics domain would be a plus
- Bachelors/graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI or any other design and engineering discipline.
- Certifications in UX design and Agile Scrum would be a plus
- A portfolio which consists of problems you have solved and your approach to design.
- You should be able to articulate what-why-how of the project.
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.