Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
WellSaid Labs is looking to hire an experienced Product Designer to lead company-wide design efforts and help imagine the future of voice content production tools.
We have developed a breakthrough Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will help develop WellSaid Studio powered by this technology, enabling creatives to make lifelike voice over for game-changing content, products, and experiences.
Who we are
Our startup spun out from Paul Allen's Institute for AI (AI2) in 2018, where we developed a state-of-the-art deep learning model that can read text in a completely human-like voice.
We firmly believe in AI for good. Creatives around the globe use Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
We have secured tens of millions of dollars in funding from top-tier VCs, and are looking to expand our team.
Our work has been featured in TechCrunch (1, 2, 3), GeekWire (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), CNN, MIT Technology Review, Venture Beat and we are one of three Seattle companies to make CB Insights’ list of the top 100 world’s most promising AI startups.
What we value
AI for good. Technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people. Through consent and transparency in data usage, we build secure systems that protect user privacy. We strive to hold ourselves accountable for the algorithms we deploy, and we uphold the principles of the Hippocratic Oath.
Your perks and benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules (Our 12 person team has 10 parents who support 4 babies and 6 doggos!)
- Remote-first company culture (We have employees in New York, Missouri, Texas, Florida, and Washington)
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
What you'll do
- Iterate and improve on the customer experience for our state-of-the-art deep learning TTS service.
- Lead design efforts for everything from our top-level domain to WellSaid Studio itself.
- Conceptualize, present, and explain design ideas and decisions effectively.
- Prioritize and manage work to project timelines.
- Concept, design, prototype, and conduct user testing, iterating based on feedback to create simple, impactful experiences.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Engineering team, and CEO to define the next-generation voice editing experience.
What you'll have
- A commercial portfolio that exhibits mastery of your craft and strong conceptual ability to produce user flows that integrate multiple features, users, and workflows.
- 5+ years as a Product or UX/UI designer, ideally working in similar sized companies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Design.
- Clear and direct communication skills (written and verbal) showcasing a natural ability to collaborate well with a diverse set of interest groups (engineers, designers, executives).
- Empathy for users - you are eager to discover and resolve their pain points.
- Organization skills that show you are process-oriented.
- Decisiveness - you enjoy working in ambiguity and can lead the design process, including all perspectives from the team.
- Ability to identify and frame problems and opportunities from a user-centric perspective, leaning heavily on data & research.
- Expert level proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or other industry relevant design tools.
- *BONUS** Experience building and/or working on a content creation product.
- *BONUS* Startup experience (i.e. experience working in a smaller, unstructured teams. Ability to wear many hats and resourceful by nature)
- Please apply with your current folio and resume. If the skills and values listed in this posting sound like you, we will reach out for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, you'll be invited to a folio based interview. Lastly, we'll ask you to do a final round of interviews with the team.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.