UX Design Lead
IndeVets is rethinking veterinary medicine. We give doctors the freedom and flexibility to create their own schedules, by choosing shifts from hundreds of partner hospitals via our unique scheduling system. In just our third year of business, we have more than 80 veterinarians on staff and are growing by 100 percent per year.
Our growing team is in immediate need of a senior UX practitioner to join our leadership team at HQ to lead our internal UX strategy as we continue to grow and evolve our business and our platform. You should have an end-user mindset, and be happy working with Product and Engineering partners to design impactful solutions. We’re growing fast, and our ideal candidate is excited to work in a startup that values individuals who challenge preconceptions to create immediate gains, and also has the vision to build scalable products for future success.
Our core values are a little different, but we like it that way. We believe in:
- Happily Breaking Norms – We look for ways to do things differently.
- Genuine Gratitude – We’re appreciative of our doctors and each other.
- Choosing Our Own Adventure – We believe that your career path doesn’t need to look like everyone else’s.
- Highly Competent & Nice – We don’t hire jerks!
- Leading By Example – We’re dedicated to leading change in the veterinary industry by showing the way.
Our product team is a hybrid of in-house, dedicated external, and on-demand external talent:
- Dedicated in-house product team members: Product Manager, Data Analyst, Scheduling Manager (also an end user), Full-stack Web Developer (hiring now!), and UX Design Lead (this could be you!)
- Invested leadership team: CEO and COO value user-centered design and design processes
- Dedicated team members from technology platform partner: Agile Project manager, Platform Developer, Full-stack Developer
- On-demand expertise from technology platform partner: Frontend Design and Engineering, User Research, Infrastructure Engineering, Data Science and Engineering
All in-house and external team members live and work in North America, largely in and around Philadelphia and on east coast time. You have the investment and support of the IndeVets leadership team, including the CEO, COO, and Product Manager who has worked at major tech companies in San Francisco. You will have access to Philadelphia-based Engineering experts at Jarvus consulting who can provide support and training for every element of our technology platform.
- CATS--Centralized Appointment Tracking System--is at the heart of the IndeVets business, allowing hospitals to requests veterinarians and veterinarians to take shifts they want to work
- Responsive website for internal veterinary doctors, hospital managers, and internal HQ scheduling managers
- MVP experience supporting hundreds of active users
- Ongoing experimentation and feature ideas to improve and expand the experience
- Product roadmap defined by the leadership and product teams
- Research with end users for upfront product development, usability testing, beta testing, and ongoing analysis
- Weekly touchpoints with invested stakeholders
- Bi-weekly sprints with work planned in Jira
- Scrum-style 15-minute daily standups, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- 5+ Years professional UI/UX design in user facing web application software
- Strong in one of:
- User experience design (Figma or similar)
- Product design
- Strong ability to:
- Turn product requirements into intuitive designs
- Deliver wireframes, flowcharts, low- and mid-fidelity comps, storyboards, user stories, or other innovative design assets to guide development
- Communicate design specifications to technical teams
- Explain design rationale to leadership and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Work with business representatives, product managers, and engineers to extend and improve existing experiences
- Building and maintaining design systems
- Lead design as a member of a in-house product team
- Bonus points for experience with:
- User research
- Visual design
- Attlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Own the holistic customer experience
- Advocate for the user and user needs
- Deliver design artifacts for understanding and consensus among the business and technical teams
- Partner with Engineering to ensure exemplary delivery of design
- Ensure delivered experiences meet users’ needs
- Maintain design system and assets and ensure that the brand is thoughtfully represented in the product
- Ideate and envision future experiences and features to delight our customers
Did we mention we offer great pay & benefits?
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid-Time Off
- 401(k) contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)