About The Company
In 2008, Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop, a lifestyle platform dedicated to keeping its readership informed and inspired with tightly curated content and products. goop's expert tastemakers advise and contribute on everything from fashion, wellness, and travel, to recipes, parenting, and cultural issues. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
With a highly engaged and loyal customer base already in place, the goop platform is rapidly expanding to include branded events, retail stores, pop-ups, a Netflix series, and an ever-growing lineup of goop private label products in addition to multi-branded shopping. The company boasts diverse and rapidly growing revenue streams across ecommerce, ad sales, retail, and experiences. goop is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA.
About the You
Are you innately curious? Are you meticulous over the details in your work? Do you have a deep love for creative problem solving and beautiful user-centric design? Do you put as much enthusiasm into your UX process as you do to your UI design? Are you pragmatic and an empathetic listener? If so, this is the role for you.
About the Role
- The UX team plays an integral role at goop by advocating for the user. Our team's primary function is to encourage a user-centric approach to business and digital design challenges by advocating on behalf of and providing insights into the attitudes, emotions, needs, and behaviors of people who engage with our content and buy our products.
- As the Product Designer on the team, you will work collaboratively with product management, engineering, data, and other departments within the company to create end-to-end digital solutions that contribute to optimizing and transforming goop’s digital touchpoints.
- This role reports to the Senior Director of User Experience; this is not a people leader role and has no direct reports.
- Explore and create compelling user-centric design solutions using best practice UX methods, design sprints, and the goop design system
- Design, prototype, and develop elegant and innovative solutions that can scale
- Own the entire design process from concept exploration, wireframes, and prototypes to detailed specs and polished visual design mocks
- Create detailed and well-organized UX + UI documentation such as:
- UX best practice analysis reports
- User flows/user journeys/experience maps/interaction models and UI specifications
- Evaluative research reports
- Low - high-fidelity wireframes/mocks/prototypes
- Accessibility assessments
- Contribute to identifying UX opportunities that align with business goals and recommend new features/optimizations that help improve the goop customer's overall digital experience
- Collaborate with UX researcher to conduct evaluative research studies
- Contribute to the development of the goop design system and help maintain other internal design/UX reference documentation
- Continuously refine and expand UX + UI skills to support the needs of the team and company
Qualifications + Experience
- 3+ years of Product design, or UX/UI design experience
- Ability to rapidly ideate, produce, and test multiple UX/UI concepts and prototypes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to efficiently manage timelines and multiple projects simultaneously
- A proficient understanding of responsive web design, eCommerce, WCAG, and interaction design principles
- An elevated, modern, and clean aesthetic
- Has worked with product and creative teams in agile/scrum environments for at least 2 years
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Skilled with Figma and prototyping tools such as Flinto
- Candidates must submit an online portfolio; candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
- (A degree is not required but preferred) Bachelors of Multimedia Design, Visual Design, Interactive Media, Human Media Interaction, Applied Sciences or related fields
- Compensation: Competitive Market Salary DOE + Equity.
- Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful workspace in Santa Monica.
- Work Philosophy: The company believes in balancing in-person collaborative work with productive remote work. Once regulations comfortably allow, goop will implement a hybrid work program. Schedule and timing may vary by team and role. goop's policies may change as the company's business needs continue to evolve.
- Location for This Role: The company is nearly 100% remote for now. This role will be expected to be in-person in accordance with goop’s hybrid work policy once in the future.
- Type of Hire: This is a Full-Time, Staff, Exempt position. Other candidates, consultants and placement agency candidates will not be considered.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role.
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through this site’s job application submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members or Hiring Managers will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicants must have US work authorization.