At Snag (formerly Snagajob) we’re on a mission to make the lives of hourly workers, job seekers and employers better by living up to our vision: to create a world where anyone can get the work or workforce they want, wherever and whenever they want it. We’re exploring new concepts, creating new products and reimagining the way hourly job seekers and employers connect. We have a long, successful history as a job board, have embraced the gig economy, and we’re now on a path to create and deliver a true self-service marketplace for hourly work.
The Director of UX/Design will have a proven record of building and leading high-performing UX teams across an organization consisting of multiple locations across multiple time zones, and has a knack for transforming complex challenges into simple solutions. S/he will wear many hats, have expertise across all facets of design and UX (spanning UX strategy, interaction design, research and usability, prototyping, visual design, brand integration, and content creation) and will be responsible for managing Snag’s UX methodology and executing design strategies to meet company objectives. The Director of UX will report directly to the Chief Experience Officer.
Primary Job Duties:
- Build and lead a world class UX and interaction design team
- Create a user-centered design vision, standards, and processes across all products and platforms to ensure a consistent, compelling and evolving user experience and rapid product development
- Develop a deep, actionable, and empathetic understanding of our users and their key needs and experiences.
- Be the voice of our users across the organization
- Drive definition of user experience success metrics (especially within an eCommerce, mobile app enabled marketplace) and evangelize those metrics across the organization
- Establish and continuously improve a program of usability testing, prototyping and research efforts to ensure that all projects are driven by user needs and business outcomes
- Oversee the creation of design specifications and design standards in the form of storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and workflows
- Foster healthy relationships and work collaboratively with all organizational levels and teams - product management, product marketing, engineering, sales, operations - to meet business objectives and execute on corporate strategy
- Evangelize the practice of UX across the organization and community, mentoring not only your own team but all those who contribute to the user experience of our products
- Marketplace experience serving multiple user types preferred
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in information science, information design, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, human factors, or related such as visual design
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team of designers and researchers
- Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams and in influencing the organization
- Expertise in UX strategy, interaction design, visual design, usability, prototyping, and research
- High level of expertise, creativity, and adaptability in all facets of qualitative and quantitative UX research, assessment, and measurement. Experience and expertise in the meaningful analysis of application/product usage leveraging web analytic tools
- Experience developing a design and UX culture and practice across a large scale organization
- Self-starter with experience working in a fast-paced, iterative, Agile development environment
- Submit your online portfolio along with your resume for consideration.
What You Can Expect from Snag:
Snag offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 20 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. At Snag, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our products, and our community. Snag is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Snag is the largest marketplace for hourly work with 90 million registered hourly workers and 450,000 employer locations nationwide. With Snag, employers staff up faster, hire smarter and keep shifts filled. Snag’s marketplace for hiring and managing teams allows people to land the right work while ensuring employers find the right workers when and where they need them. Snag’s flexible work platform, Snag Work, launched in 2017 and provides a network of workers the opportunity to select the shifts they want, when they want, from a variety of employers and locations, and helps employers optimize their shifts.
With offices in Arlington, VA; Richmond, VA; and Charleston, SC, Snag has been named to Fortune Magazine's Great Place to Work® list for eight years in a row.