We are on the search for a Sr. UX Researcher to join our team for a contract position and to help drive human-centered experiences through their passion for research and working with customers. The Sr UX Researcher will partner with agile teams to consult and execute on key UX related research tasks in order to provide teams the appropriate insights to make design decisions.
As a Sr UX Researcher, you will:
- Report to the Director, Experience Design: Strategic Capabilities, you will work closely with digital teams to understand their UX research requirements and recommend the most appropriate research/testing methods to gather meaningful results
- Create artifacts to support the required research and support participant recruiting efforts
- Identify, recruit and schedule users, incl. development and execution of screeners
- Conduct various UX research and testing methods (e.g. usability testing, card sorting, A/B testing, interviews, surveys) and compile results and data
- Synthesize testing data, analyze results and identify insights and recommendations that inform design decisions
- Effectively present and communicate result insights and recommendations to stakeholders and digital teams
- Work on multiple, concurrent projects, prioritizing tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining the quality of your work
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years dedicated UX research & testing experience working with mobile and desktop digital solutions
- Strong experience and understanding of different UX research methods and when to apply them to achieve the results
- A portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of testing techniques and experiences
- A high level of curiosity, comfort with ambiguity and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Action and execution oriented, with ability to bring an idea from plan to reality
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong observation, interaction and facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills, able to review and synthesize large amounts of information and distill into meaningful insights
- Ability to articulate ideas, promote usability, and persuade audiences on paper and in person (remotely)
- Adaptability to work with various business groups, team members and projects
Not required but a great plus
- Degree in human computer interaction, human factors, cognitive/experimental psychology or interaction design
- Experience with usertesting.com, or similar platforms
- Comfortable working remotely
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.