Lead UX Designer
About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer to join our growing Website Team. In this role you’ll be the driving force behind the visual and interactive experience of our website, working to accelerate adoption and drive engagement, contributing significantly to the growth of the business through the optimization of user journeys and conversion on Contentful.com. You’ll manage and grow a team of UX designers, and work collaboratively within a cross-functional, agile team alongside a lead Developer and Director of Web Marketing to conceive, design, test and implement UX and performance-enhancing features for our marketing website.
While owning the design direction and execution for Contentful.com, you will also have the opportunity to work with design leaders across the company, including UX researchers, and product and brand designers, with a goal of creating a holistic UX across all Contentful digital touchpoints.
What to expect?
- Lead the design strategy and execution for Contentful.com, the face of our brand and the core of our demand generation engine. You have the skills and experience to create persona-driven design decisions, improving the user journey for our customers and prospective customers, and encouraging specific behaviors that bring value to them and to Contentful.
- Own the evolution of the website design system, leading the creation of engaging, user-centered experiences and evangelizing UX best practices amongst team members and stakeholders.
- Grow a high-performing design team in a fast-scaling, startup-like environment. Leading by example, you know how to be a thoughtful mentor to your team and your teammates, ensuring success in a collaborative setting.
- Lead projects from discovery to delivery, practicing and propagating agile processes in collaboration with developers and content creators.
- Prioritize design projects and tasks to meet team deadlines while producing a high quality of work. You are able to work in an iterative process to meet business and user needs, while not necessarily requiring perfection at every stage.
- Develop a data-driven UX design practice that puts A/B testing, user journey mapping and analytics at the forefront of you and your team’s work. You are able to expertly interpret web data to improve experiences and outcomes such as conversion and engagement rates.
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years experience as a UX designer focused on end-to-end user experience for the web (desktop and mobile)
- Work samples that show evidence of design problem solving, UX strategy, user flows, wireframes, and modeling of user needs
- Past successes reviewing website analytics, observing and/or reviewing third-party qualitative findings, and applying them to improve user engagement and conversion
- Experience developing A/B testing plans and strategies and applying them in ways that increase website engagement and conversion.
- Experience working within an environment where coordination between roles is imperative
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience using A/B testing tools (e.g., Optimizely)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, or a willingness to learn
- Interaction Design (IxD) experience a bonus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!