Senior Digital UI Designer
Fuseproject is looking for a Senor UI Digital Designer to join our Experience Design team. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, passionate, and unwilling to compromise their drive to create stunning and engaging designed experiences that make a difference to our clients, their brand, and their customers.
We are looking for a true student and connoisseur of experience design, not bound by the constraints of traditional digital thinking nor the expected design patterns and trends that drive the industry. You must be passionate about your craft, always excited to embrace the next challenge, thrive in ambiguity and love the chaotic and rewarding nature of a design challenge. You should both engage clients you work with and inspire the team working with you. You should be a hybrid in your thinking, your skillset, and your approach. And like all of us, have willingness and desire to learn every day and see the world through many lenses - always challenging your own assumptions, those around you and willingly step into the unknown.
Your role will take you across the spectrum of design – from early stage strategy, research, product definition, ideation and concepting – to deep systematic and detailed experienced design for real-world implementation. Our Digital & Experience Designers craft how the individual interacts with a product or service. Activities revolve around tight integration and collaboration across the studio’s disciplines, and rigorously engaging in product / service research, concepting, information architecture development (site maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, experience frameworks), systematic design, and interaction design to create powerful digital, physical and/or environmental experiences.
Like all roles within fuseproject, you will be hands-on; executing designs and establishing a strong point of view and translating into tangible and tactile design artifacts. While a hybrid role by design, you must embrace discovering, understanding, and communicating the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together. Having a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes, systematic thinking, and interaction design principles is crucial for your success.
We expect you have curated your work into an impressive portfolio that shows ideas, stories and compelling digital products and platforms. We are looking for a Designer that will bring new creative energy to the table with thinking, process and designs that are refined, considered, current and forward thinking.
Job Details & Skills:
- Excellent UI design experience and craft: proven examples of exceptional layout, interface, typography, color, motion and overall tasteful aesthetic and eye for UI that is industry leading and pushing boundaries
- Excellent and proven background and experience in UX design: strategic analysis, flows, architecture, journeys, personas, experience maps, wireframes, prototypes, etc
- A passionate, uncompromising world-class designer
- CG, motion, illustration etc a bonus
- Skilled in prototyping and bringing things to life
- Embrace concepting, ideation, and thinking big
- Ability to articulate complex solutions clearly
- Quick-thinking, personable, flexible
- Ability to span the spectrum from vision, storytelling, and concepting – to deep systematic detail design execution
- A strong communicator, influencer and cross-functional partner
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member who can successfully work across disciplines
- Able to produce results both independently and collaboratively
- A design advocate and a strong employer of human-centered design practice
- Solid understanding of systems thinking and integrated holistic thinking including ecosystems
- Comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Meticulous and obsessively detail oriented
Background & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a design role
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves ability to translate high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to their individual components
- A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a Design role. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work will unfortunately not be considered.
At fuseproject, design is about creating firsts. We focus on designing products that change people’s lives, make lives better, and seeing over the horizon in order to create what’s next. As a team of experienced designers with a broad, multi-disciplinary approach, we believe experience design requires a robust and hybrid skillset centred in craft. We believe “A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, data scientist, behaviour psychologist, objective economist and evolutionary strategist” and aim to approach all our design challenges with this mind-set.
We are an industry leading integrated product design studio with a specialised and integrated team of around 100 designers, led by the well-known Yves Behar, the founder of fuseproject. Our diverse team brings a range of backgrounds and expertise that bridges disciplines and spans industries—including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, telecommunications, finance, and many more.
Our specialist team and unique design driven leadership makes fuseproject a disruptive, relentless, ambitious and exceptional place. We are obsessive about making a difference and come with a strong point-of-view - deploying our skills and refined taste to bridge art and science, emotional and economic benefits all with fundamental grounding in product realization that ensures our work sees the light of day.
This extraordinary collection of talent and our ability to deliver tangible transformational design allows us to build meaningful long-term relationships with our clients and work with both early stage startups, accelerators and incubators, to some of the world’s most exciting brands - and with them, are afforded the opportunity to shape the future of user experience and human-centered design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.