Apply for this job
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.?
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital?product solutions?and strategic communications initiatives––bringing?a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team?with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives?and solutions flourish.
What will you do?
Bixal is looking for mission-driven, forward-thinking technologists and communicators, interested in promoting access to voting information, focusing particularly on the needs of underserved communities. Working closely with our federal client, Bixal's cross-functional team will build tools and experiences that provide access to accurate information to voters of all backgrounds, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, national origin, and age.
We are looking for a UI designer to manage and produce design work in our Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe). Experience in generating design concepts (were migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 9) in USWDS, communicating those concepts visually to our Product Owners and ASPA leadership. They would be working on a scrum team consisting of 1 full stack Dev, BA, Content Strategist, UX/User Researcher and Information Architect.
- Be trusted to make good decisions.
- Recognize when to ask for further guidance and support.
- Contribute to the development of design concepts.
- Interpret evidence-based research and incorporate this into your work
- Carry out a wide variety of research, design, and prototyping tasks, including:
- Understand product goals and user needs.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Create personas based on user research and collected data.
- Define an interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot usability issues.
- Create mockups and prototypes.
- Share progress and interact with team using a version control system.
- Collaborate in an agile environment with multi-disciplinary teams including strategy, research, content, visual, and development.
- Facilitate ideation through sketching and collaborative activities, such as design sprints and other participatory design activities.
- Create storyboards and step-by-step flows of varying resolution to communicate a person’s experience through a system.
- Conduct and interpret evaluative user research (for example, user testing of prototypes or existing products, heuristic analyses, and interviews).
- Work integrally with developers to shepherd designs through the development process.
- Promote the importance of human-centered design practice throughout the organization and with Bixal’s clients.
- Implement, maintain, and expand upon project plans with emphasis on high degree of quality in conjunction product managers and development managers.
- Mentor and develop team members in alignment with Bixal’s brand and overall direction.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and tools and communicate findings out to the team and Bixal.
- Help build a culture of continuous improvement across all levels of design — strategic, structural, and surface — where designers (including yourself) feel challenged with meaningful work and see a clear path for growth.
- Work within an established design system.
- Adapt design system as needed.
- Prototype in code and work closely with Frontend Developers to ensure level of quality with respect to design intent, accessibility, aesthetics, and usability.
- 3-5 years of experience in UX, UI, product design, or commensurate work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a portfolio of experience that demonstrates previous work.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with U.S government agencies
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.