Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain. Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers fully digital end-to-end solutions that bring certainty, convenience and cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of homeownership. The Knock Home Swap™ empowers a customer to buy their new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GO™ (Guaranteed Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying more.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of Realtors®, through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock currently operates in 72 markets nationwide and plans to be in over 100 markets by 2023.
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time employees
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time employees
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with, and take direction from, the lead UX designer to understand and define goals for UX features on large projects. You are able to independently design solutions by creating process flows, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs while iterating based on feedback from the lead designer, team, users, and research.
You will use your UX/UI expertise to create and elevate our experiences to help make our users’ lives better. We hope you bring a proactive UX mindset to ensure the team is building the right experiences based on qualitative and quantitative data, as well as, company and team objectives. This role will bring enthusiasm and passion for visual design, UX experimentation, testing, and innovation.
You will share new ideas, tools, and ways to better our user experience that will result in impactful user and business outcomes. This role will be an integral component of our Growth team which focuses on user engagement and adoption.
You will participate and help in discovery sessions to understand the context of your work and use that context as your foundation. You have a desire to run design workshops, create workshop artifacts, user flows, wireframes, mid-to-high fidelity static mockups, and prototypes. UX rationale behind proposals will be effortlessly communicated to your teams, leadership, and the company as a whole.
Qualifications - You’ll Bring:
- Experience with UI design, as well as balancing user needs with business needs to ensure we deliver the best experiences for our customers while doing the right thing for the business
- Experience leveraging, and extending, design systems
- Passion for advocating for what users want need and expect from the products and experiences we create
- An innovative, quick-thinking, eager spirit, with an innate ability to problem-solve and collaborate
- Knowledge of the latest UI/UX standards, design trends, design best practices, and technologies
- A strategic mindset to planning sessions, making sure your team’s work ties back to company and team objectives
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs—you enjoy regular design feedback
- Willingness to run usability testing
- A desire to learn, grow and expand your UX and UI knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- Education: High school or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $62,000.00 - $125,000.00 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!