GSN Games is looking for a UX Designer to join our fabulous team in the UK!
About the GSN SuperCasual Studio:
It’s an exciting time in our SuperCasual Studio in London! We’re working on our next big game and we’re looking for a brilliant UX Designer to help us realise our vision!
We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!
What You’ll Do:
Every day, you will work directly with world class artists and programmers to create beautiful, industry-leading products that push the envelope in the mobile games space. As UX Designer you will be responsible for designing excellent user interfaces, mapping out the entire player journey within the app and ensuring our players have access to all the information they need at the right time. You’ll ensure that all design elements cater to the needs of the user and are intuitive and in line with the vision of the game. You will:
- Create storyboards, wire-frames, mockups, and prototypes to help guide development
- Iterate on design based on user feedback, user research and tech constraints
- Prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines and achieve key milestones
- Help develop and document best practises and tools using your knowledge of industry standards and market dynamics
- Work with the Insights team to build a solid understanding of user motivations through user-testing and research
- Assist the Product Owner and Design Director to scope, plan, create and iterate user interaction in the game
- Work well with all other members of the team, listening, learning, teaching and enthusiastically being part of a team
You’ll be an experienced UX designer with a passion for gaming and a great understanding of good user experience - especially in casual, free-to-play mobile games. You’ll be energetic, enthusiastic, well-organised and collaborative in your approach to design. You’ll have:
- A positive attitude
- A passion for games and good user experience
- A talent for turning direction into fully realised experiences
- 2+ years of experience in a UX role
- A solid portfolio of user interface and application designs
- Solid experience with wireframing tools
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Shipped at least one title within casual mobile gaming
- A superior understanding of all things user experience
- The ability to think logically to break down complex problems
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current game design techniques
- The ability to effectively and comfortably communicate your ideas to key stakeholders and groups
- Design Sim experience would be an amazing bonus!