Our Mission ??
To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Vision ??
Building a safe, efficient and global rental marketplace for anyone looking for or renting out a place.
Our Core Values ?
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
HousingAnywhere is Europe's largest rental accommodation marketplace, with 10 million unique visitors per year and 60,000+ properties available for rent. Young professionals and students looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers, ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants book for longer stays and typically rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. As a Rotterdam-based technology scale-up, we employ 140 people and we are focused on 32 key cities throughout Europe, with plans to rapidly expand our footprint.
In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
About the role
We’re looking for a UX Designer with a strong background in service design to join our Internal Operations team. This team empowers HousingAnywhere employees by improving internal workflows and tools that allow them to operate more efficiently. It also occasionally contributes to the design and development of our public-facing products.
As a part of the Internal Operations team, you will help us deliver more efficient internal user interfaces for company employees, research, analyse, and design our administrative systems and integrations with third-party tools. You will also participate in the research and improvement of various internal processes and our collaboration workflows with external partners. We expect you to have a strong eye for detail and a thorough systems-thinking mindset. You’ll also be keen on working in an agile environment with short, fast-paced design iterations followed by validating your solutions with the internal users.
- Take responsibility for the entire design process in your team, from initial research, ideation, conceptualisation and design to testing and validation.
- Own and drive the UX and ergonomic metrics for your team. Be conscious of how your design solutions impact the user experience and the efficiency of our internal systems.
- Deeply understand user needs. Support the team with user research and lead with user-centric design by absorbing internal customer feedback and insights received across all channels.
- Proactively identify opportunities for UX improvements in your domain, working in close collaboration with the product owner, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- At least 5 years of experience in the UX or service design field.
- Experience in working collaboratively across functions to create seamless user journeys. Ability to understand and analyse the journey in its entirety, how it interacts and integrates with other systems and services.
- Experience leading and guiding ethnographic and immersive user research. Ability to translate research into insights that inform decision making and design concepts.
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders, understand and document their needs in a way that helps them translate their issues into opportunities and how they can achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Strong experience running and managing service prototypes and experiments, from clarifying the hypothesis to setting up and measuring results.
- Skilled in conceptual and detailed design, visualizing complex ideas into a coherent flow and transforming it into elegant visual interfaces.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
What's in it for you? ??
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Coaching and training opportunities to help you grow professionally with a personal development budget of 1.000,- per year
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands
- Discount on NS Business Card or full reimbursement, if you do not live in Rotterdam
- Company-sponsored team-building activities
- Full-time position (40 hours a week) w/ schedule flexibility
- An opportunity to work remotely or on-site at our HQ in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Relocation package with visa sponsorship provided
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com
Our team of colleagues exists out of many ethnicities, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We Welcome Everyone. The team culture is very open and we're all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.